February 2012 Moms

Follow up: Left hand falling asleep.

I spoke with my dr today at my appt and she said that my hand/last two fingers falling asleep is Carpel Tunnel. She said it is just because the extra fluid is pressing on nerves. She had it with her first pregnancy. And it will go away later.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Follow up: Left hand falling asleep.

• My advice - go see an orthopedic that specializes in hand problems now!

I had this w/ my 1st, and my OB kept telling me, it may be carpal tunnel, or it may just be from the swelling, either way, it will disappear after you deliver.

Well, it got WORSE after I delivered. Breastfeeding was next to impossible. I didn't even notice the pain from breastfeeding, b/c the aching pain in my hands and wrists was worse. (You know, with breast feeding when you start out, you're having to hold a boob in one hand and the baby's head in the other).

After 5 min of breast feeding my hands would ache horribly then go numb. I finally went to an ortho at 10 days postpartum, he gave me steroid shots in both wrists, and my symptoms improved over 2-3 days, then disappeared after about a week.

I'm pretty sure steroid shots are fine when you're pregnant...

I know if this happens to me again, I'll be headed straight to the ortho!

Anyway, that's my 2 cents! GL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have this too, and I asked my doctor about it at last appt.  She just said it will go away, and I actually haven't even had it for quite awhile now.  Usually I'll wake up in the middle of the night and that's when it happens.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"