Toddlers: 24 Months+

when to stop using "little potty"

When did your little one stop using the little training potty and start using the regular potty?

My daughter is no where ready to use the regular toilet but I was just wondering when do you have them go on the regular toilet and suggestions to convert them from the little one to the big one...

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: when to stop using "little potty"

• My daughter was PT at 21 months and we just left the little potty out for probably a year later.  Our toilets are really tall so she always needed help even with a stool.  Our potty is one that has a lid and is a step stool.  She rarely used it but it was nice when she started going all by herself that she would just go in and use the potty all by herself.  She mostly used it for a step stool though. 

Also, I love your DD's name.  That's what we named DD2.

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• imageThe only reason why DD had to get used to a big potty is b/c we're going on vacation and I'm not packing the potty with me.  To get her used to the big potty I bought a folding potty seat that fits on the rim of the toilet.  Her's is Sesame Street and she loved sitting on Elmo.  They make other characters too.  The best part is we can use it over the icky public toilets.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sesame-Street-Folding-Potty-Seat/15846720

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Funny you should ask. Our LO just started using the little potty within the past 2 weeks, he is 100% on it. However, the preschool says because he is using a little potty at home it is making it difficult for him to use the regular potty at school. So, this Monday we went out and bought "new" treats for the big potty. He can choose if he wants to sit on the little one or the big  and then he gets to choose a treat. The new treats worked teh first night. He was so excited to choose a new treat from the bag that he used teh regular potty 3 times. Lastnight, he walked over and climbed up himself and said "I want a new treat I will pee on the big potty." So, the thought is in a week or so, once we see progress we will remove the little potty all together. Plus, the school has said he has started using the potty there easier then he was last week for them.

By the way, the new treats: we went to the dollar store and let him fill a bag full of little paint sets, magnent toys, little puzzles a few small candies, toy trucks. The old treats for the little potty are just a lollipop. Its enticing him to choose and do it himself and its working.

Natural M/C:@5 wks 7/31/07 Natural M/C:@5 wks 12/27/09 Missed M/C, D&C:@9 wks 06/13/11
  • DS uses both. I don't have a problem with the little potty. In fact, it's so convenient to keep one in the car right now because many times he will refuse to go in public toilets (blame him? I don't. ew.).
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We mainly use the big toilet.  It's their choice most of the time.  They like to act bigger than they are.  We have the small potty out, but I don't bring anything for public and they do fine when we travel.  Daycare they only use the big toilet.  I do think pooping on the big toilet doesn't give them enough to push off of and they only poop a small amount at a time... but when they sit on the small potty they can push more poop out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"