3rd Trimester

On that note - who is getting LO #1 when you go into labor?

In my previous post I explained that I needed a plan B for LO as my parents are going to be busy for a few days.

What are your plans for your LO / LO's when you go in to labor?

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: On that note - who is getting LO #1 when you go into labor?

• I am freaking out about this....We don't have any family near us, and my friend (choice#1) who lives a few minutes from us, will be out of town the first two weeks in October. While I am not due until 11/4, my water broke with DS at exactly 37 weeks, so I have a feeling this one will come in October. Choice# 2, lives on the other side of town, and if she is going to take him, we will probably bring DS with us to the hospital until she is able to come get him. Ugh....so much harder to plan this time around instead of just grabbing our bag and heading out the door. Last time, our nieghbor at the time (friend #2) grabbed our dog from our house to hang out with his buddies at their house. I really am starting to stress about it...DH isn't panicked....so I have a feeling he will just have to deal with it when the situation arrives.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • imageCandiceNT:
    I am freaking out about this....We don't have any family near us, and my friend (choice#1) who lives a few minutes from us, will be out of town the first two weeks in October. While I am not due until 11/4, my water broke with DS at exactly 37 weeks, so I have a feeling this one will come in October. Choice# 2, lives on the other side of town, and if she is going to take him, we will probably bring DS with us to the hospital until she is able to come get him. Ugh....so much harder to plan this time around instead of just grabbing our bag and heading out the door. Last time, our nieghbor at the time (friend #2) grabbed our dog from our house to hang out with his buddies at their house. I really am starting to stress about it...DH isn't panicked....so I have a feeling he will just have to deal with it when the situation arrives.

Sucks. I am worried that if LO is around me while I am in labor she will freak out seeing me in pain. We'll see.

Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, we were going to use my parents, but my mom and I got into a bit of an argument about it.  Short version: I asked if she would be available to host DD AT NIGHT during the birthing and/or recovery process.  Mom called me, uber-concerned, that I was apparently thinking of just dumping DD off with her the second I felt a contraction and then not willing to "deal with her" until we came home with #2.  What kind of mom does she think I am??????  But then again, everything with my mom is a struggle--she just doesn't understand basic human instinct of helping out family.

So we might employ DH's family--he has three (older) sisters in the area.  His mom is about an hour away but is rather infirm and not equipped to take in DD for any amount of time, or to come up and entertain her.  I don't know...we haven't really approached the situation since my fight with my mom.  My younger sister is a responsible babysitter for DD on occasion so perhaps she'll be willing to help out...tbd.

Photobucket
    My two angels

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am freaking out to. My mom is going out of town from the middle two weeks in october. And I am due the 27th so I am going to ask our in home daycare teacher id she wouldn't mind being on call just incase. Lucky she lives 3 blocks away.  If I go into labor in the middle of the night I have no clue what I am going to do.  So hopefully she stays in until the 20th when my mom gets back.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Well that depends when it happens... I have no friends or family anywhere close, I dont have a reliable babysitter nor do I trust a random person. So If the baby comes before 10/10 then DS will be coming to the hosiptal with us. If he comes on or after 10/10 then my mom will be with him as she is coming down for two weeks.

• DD is 7 so she'll probably just come with me, if I have her. She goes with her dad on weekends. We also live with my SIL and DD would most likely just go home and sleep and come back in the morning. I'd like DD to be the first after my DH and I to see and hold her baby brother.
  • We are extremely lucky to live close to my family.  My parents live close but my mom will be in the delivery room with me so my Aunt who lives down the street will probably take DD#1 and my sister also lives here and she is willing to help but she has 3 kids of her own and it just depends on how many activities her kids are doing when I go into labor.  It is a good idea to have quite a few backup plans!
  • My parents and ILs both live FAR away but since I am having a RCS at they are making plans to come the day before. I havn't discussed this with them but I just figured who ever stayed at my house would keep DD. I think that since I'm having my surgery at 8:00, I'll have to be there early (around 5 or 6), so maybe we can tell the families to come at 9 or 10 and bring DD then. As for the rest of the hospital stay I just hope that whoever is staying at our house won't mind getting her ready for school and on the bus. Of course I am running out of time and neither sets of parents have made either their flight plans or looked into driving, so I'm a little scared they'll wait to long and they won't be here for the birth. Which would be ok as long as there was someone to keep DD. I guess SIL is not too far but she's not responsible so...who knows?!?!
  • I'm not prepared for this at all yet. We just moved a month ago and have no family/friends near by. My mom is coming to help, but not until after the baby is born. I have become friends with another mom that lives close by, so I'm really hoping we can develope a good friendship before the baby comes and she would be willing to help. I know that kind of sounds selfish. If not, I guess DS is just coming to the hospital with us.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My parents lives 2.5 hours away (DH's family all live across the country).  My mom is retired and my dad's job is pretty flexible, so they've said they're ready to come at the drop of a hat (they'll obviously be expecting it more around 11/11, but will come up whenever we need them if I go early, etc.).  We're going to call her to start driving once it looks like labor is really happening.  Depending on how fast things move from there, we'll either wait to go to the hospital until she gets here, or we're going to call a friend to come either babysit DS or take him to their house until my parents get here.  My parents will stay here with DS and basically be in charge while we're at the hospital, but we're just going to see how it goes.  DH might come home to put DS to sleep everynight, but we're not sure yet.  My parents will definitely be bringing DS to visit for at least a little while every day we're in the hospital, but for the most part we'd like him to have a little bit of "normalcy" in his routine, since he's kinda sensitive to change. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"