Babies: 6 - 9 Months

A almost killed himself today (or rather, I almost killed him)

He woke up at 4:30 for the day after tossing and turning all night. He usually wakes around 7:30 and sleeps a solid 10 - 11 hours so I was exhausted. Finally I put him in his swing, turned up the monitor, and went to take a nap. Around 7:45, my alarm went off and I looked over at the monitor suprised that I hadn't heard anything for an hour. The lights on the monitor were going crazy but there was no sound - I had turned it down in my sleep deprived state instead of up, so I went to check on him. I went into his room and he was dangling by an ankle with his head inches from the ground. He was strapped in to his swing but apparently not tight enough and he had figured out how to wriggle free. He is unharmed but slightly more clingy today. I feel terrible. It could have turned out way worse. Sad

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: A almost killed himself today (or rather, I almost killed him)

• OMG that's terrifying. So glad he was ok!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I echo that Holy Crap!  

ETA:  And I'm glad he is OK! 

• How scary!!  So glad he is ok.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yikes!! That is freaking scary! I am glad he's okay!
  • Woah, thats so freakin scary.  Glad he is ok!  Hope you are ok too!

• How scary!  Glad everything is ok...give your little man extra snuggles today!
  • OMG, so glad he is OK. 
  • Glad he's okay, and I am sure this goes without saying... but please don't do that again. So scary...

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• imageAggieBeth06:
    Glad he's okay, and I am sure this goes without saying... but please don't do that again. So scary...

We won't be using it at all anymore. I only ever use the swing to get him to nap when he absolutely won't, and I usually leave the room when he naps. I can't be the only one who doesn't stand watch over my kid in the swing though, right? (or maybe I am...)

God, I feel like crap.

• I will walk to another room for a quick trip (ie grab a load of laundry or a bite to eat) but I would never go to sleep in a different room with him in the swing.  That is scary!
  • imagezkat:
    I will walk to another room for a quick trip (ie grab a load of laundry or a bite to eat) but I would never go to sleep in a different room with him in the swing.  That is scary!

This.  I'm kind of surprised Chard.  You must have been pretty tired and I'm so sorry that this happened to you, but it really could have been much worse.  I think sometimes we all take for granted that things won't happen to us, but they do.  Don't beat yourself up over it.  What is done is done and everyone is ok.  I'm sending you hugs though because I'm sure you need one right now.

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

• WTF? Are you serious. Did you really think it was ok to put your LO in a swing in a different room and go to sleep? and 4:30? My son will do that sometimes too...have a cup of coffee.
  • imagegiantsgirl55:
    WTF? Are you serious. Did you really think it was ok to put your LO in a swing in a different room and go to sleep? and 4:30? My son will do that sometimes too...have a cup of coffee.

Wowzers, get over yourself.

FWIW, I too strap my LO into his swing and leave the room while he naps.  It's not just you, and you aren't a terrible parent.  Lesson learned. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I third the holy crap sentiment.

I won't give you flack about it though...I'm sure that you are beating yourself up enough about the situation. So glad little dude is okay. We had to give up using anything where he was seated and strapped in (swing, bouncy, and infant-to-toddler rocker) because he would manage to half climb out.

• imageMustang Sally:

imagegiantsgirl55:
    WTF? Are you serious. Did you really think it was ok to put your LO in a swing in a different room and go to sleep? and 4:30? My son will do that sometimes too...have a cup of coffee.

Wowzers, get over yourself.

FWIW, I too strap my LO into his swing and leave the room while he naps.  It's not just you, and you aren't a terrible parent.  Lesson learned. 

Yes

• imagegiantsgirl55:

Yep, I really did. I've certainly put A in the swing to nap and left the room before. H was getting ready for work at the time and I felt fairly secure taking a nap.

He slept strapped into the RNP or swing in our bedroom for the first six months of his life. We just moved him to his crib a couple weeks ago and moved the RNP to the attic and swing to his bedroom (which is right next door to ours). Hell, this morning he learned to stand as well so the crib could have been a safety hazard.

• OMG! Glad he is ok!
  • AW!  At least he's okay.   That's all that matters!
  • Holy shiit. So glad he is okay.
  • imagegiantsgirl55:
    I'm with you. Im a little shocked by the 'oh well he's ok so whatever' mentality. The safety guidelines are there for a reason, in the future I recommend you follow them.
  • imageQuesera:
    imagegiantsgirl55:
    I'm with you. Im a little shocked by the 'oh well he's ok so whatever' mentality. The safety guidelines arethere for a reason, in the future I recommend you follow them.

Seems a little counterproductive since she already admitted her mistake, learned her lesson, and said she'd never do it again. I'm guessing seeing her LO that way was a much stronger  lesson than listening to someone biitch about it on the interwebz.  

IMG_8165 lb4lyfe2
    Online Photo Editor

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Ztarrgheighzurr Lylliegh Smith is due in January!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageTitts McGeee:

imageQuesera:
    imagegiantsgirl55:
    I'm with you. Im a little shocked by the 'oh well he's ok so whatever' mentality. The safety guidelines arethere for a reason, in the future I recommend you follow them.

Seems a little counterproductive since she already admitted her mistake, learned her lesson, and said she'd never do it again. I'm guessing seeing her LO that way was a much stronger  lesson than listening to someone biitch about it on the interwebz.  

I would be first in line to string her up by her ankle if she didn't get that it wasn't ok, but she does get.  She feels awful and that is basically the end of the story.

• imageTitts McGeee:

imageQuesera:
    imagegiantsgirl55:

Agreed. My post wasn't meant to flame, but I wanted to say something since she didn't sat anything about it never happening again... I'm sure she's beating herself up enough.

Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120

All Welcome

Chart

• double posty
    IMG_8165 lb4lyfe2
    Online Photo Editor

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Ztarrgheighzurr Lylliegh Smith is due in January!
  • imageAggieBeth06:
    imageTitts McGeee:

imageQuesera:
    imagegiantsgirl55:

Agreed. My post wasn't meant to flame, but I wanted to say something since she didn't sat anything about it never happening again... I'm sure she's beating herself up enough.
    Meh, my opinion stands. She didn't seem all that contrite "the crib could have been a safety hazard" ...?? This isn't one of those "everyone makes honest mistakes" situations, it was stupid and we all know it.
  • imageAggieBeth06:
    imageTitts McGeee:

imageQuesera:
    imagegiantsgirl55:

I wasn't referring to you at all. I was actually going to mention that you pretty much said it just right. No judgement, but making sure it wouldn't happen again. 

IMG_8165 lb4lyfe2
    Online Photo Editor

• I thought TB was a place for women to support other women! Crying

Meh. I know it was stupid. I didn't realize it was stupid before he managed to get himself out of it; in fact, even my pedi suggested he sleep in his swing when he had a bad cold a couple weeks ago. Since the pedi didn't suggest staying up with him all night to make sure he didn't launch himself out, I assumed (erroneously) that it was okay to let him nap there from time to time. There's no point worrying about it now, though. It happened, he's okay, end of story.

• seriously?

Like 30% of my friends with babies (myself included) had their babies sleep in the swing every night!

• imageTitts McGeee:
    imageAggieBeth06:
    imageTitts McGeee:

imageQuesera:
    imagegiantsgirl55:

I wasn't referring to you at all. I was actually going to mention that you pretty much said it just right. No judgement, but making sure it wouldn't happen again. 

Right. Just clarifying before someone accused me of backtracking. :)

All Welcome

Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"