Babies: 3 - 6 Months

foodie

How do you feed LO their first foods? I've just been giving it to her out of the jar but my friend mentioned something about mixing it with formula. I only give her a little bit each day just to get her tummy used to it and only veggies. Think 1/4 of the jar each day.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: foodie

• My DS is on cereal, fruits and veggies now. We use a bowl with a separation so the cereal and fruit/veggie don?t mix. I don?t feed him out of the container/jar because if he doesn?t finish the entire container/jar, I can?t reuse the rest of it. He only has ? container of the Gerber stage 1 veggies so I pour ? of the container into the bowl and refrigerate the rest. That way I can use for another meal within 3 days.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We haven't started foods with DD yet but with DS I started with cereals then veggies.  I wanted him to get used to veggies before introducing anything sweet.  You can thin with breastmilk or formula as necessary. 

Also I always was sure to heat foods that were supposed to be served warm so as to get baby used to foods being different temps.  Who would want to eat cold pureed veggies?  Yuck.

My SIL did that with my nephew and to this day he will not eat food until it is room temp or colder- and he's 8.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"