Upstate NY Babies

crib jumper update

I woke up this morning around 5 ish. Someone was standing in my bedroom sniffeling  (he does this huffy puffy thing through his nose when he's frustrated but not crying).

when I came to and realized what the sound was I immediately knew it wasn't coming through the monitor- but i couldn't see him it was too dark. the other night I heard him and went into his room to have him come running to me so it was just a matter of time till he did it quietly enough to make it into our room. However he stopped at the other end of the room and just stood there. guess he didn't know what to do next!

I did have the foresight to lock the gate to the kitchen- pain in the a$$ when i have to get up and feed the cats- but at least he won't be the roaming the kitchen.

I have a 4 day weekend so I think we might take the front of the crib off and see how that goes over the long weekend. I?ll also get a night-light for the other end of our room.

and I ordered the alarm clock that you can set to a ?wake up time? with the green light that you can set to go off when you want them to get up- or at least stay in bed till the light is green. Can?t hurt to try it, right?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: crib jumper update

• We have a door handle baby guard thing on the inside of Evan's door and close it. I wouldn't want him roaming the house at night.
  • What alarm clock is that?  It sounds wonderful! :)

L did suprising well transitioning out of the crib.  We went straight to a twin mattress on the ground.  He rolled off twice, but not again since.  A few weeks later we add the box spring under him too and he'd done great.  We don't have a rail, because we tried it at my MILs house and he did nothing but play with it and never went to sleep. 

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Last night, for the first time, Claire lifted her leg to see if she could make it over the crib rail.  She wasn't even close but I know we'll have to drop the crib to the lowest level.  I plan on using a gate so she can't make it to our living areas of the house but she will be able to come to our room. 

And we're also getting her the children's bunny alarm to tell her when it's okay to get up.  I'm tired of 5am wake up calls.  I'm hoping it works!

• the alarm clock i am getting from amazon:

American Innovative Teach Me Time! Talking Alarm Clock and Nightlight

reading some of the reviews- good and bad it seems like a good product. i don't mind the fact that you can't turn off some of the light features- we have a nightlight in M's room anyway.

another bumpie (sorry i don't remember who) posted about a stoplight alarm clock from amazon a long time ago on FB, but that one wasn't available. i renewed my prime membership and i should get it tomorrow. i'll post a review after i try it for a couple of days.

• I have this one light alarm clock:

Stoplight Sleep Enhancing Clock

It helps Tyler to know when he wakes up in the middle of the night that it is not morning.  It hasn't helped him sleep later, but it does help me convince him to stay in his room a little longer in the morning.

We have child proof handles on the inside doors of the kids' rooms to keep them in at night.  I hated the idea of it at first, feeling like I was locking them in their rooms.  But them I realized that it isn't any different than "locking" them in their cribs if they can't climb out (mine kids can) and a gate at the top of the stairs isn't an option because they climb gates and I am certain someone would take a tumble down the stairs climbing over, or worse, fall over the rail straight down onto the hardwoods of the open foyer next to the stairs trying to get over.  We still use monitors in the kids rooms so we can hear if/when they need anything.  I actually do not use nightlights in the kids' rooms because I fear they will break the glass bulb.  They both can't leave stuff alone and take things apart ALL THE TIME.

• imageTinyPinkBug:

I have this one light alarm clock:

Stoplight Sleep Enhancing Clock

It helps Tyler to know when he wakes up in the middle of the night that it is not morning.  It hasn't helped him sleep later, but it does help me convince him to stay in his room a little longer in the morning.

We have child proof handles on the inside doors of the kids' rooms to keep them in at night.  I hated the idea of it at first, feeling like I was locking them in their rooms.  But them I realized that it isn't any different than "locking" them in their cribs if they can't climb out (mine kids can) and a gate at the top of the stairs isn't an option because they climb gates and I am certain someone would take a tumble down the stairs climbing over, or worse, fall over the rail straight down onto the hardwoods of the open foyer next to the stairs trying to get over.  We still use monitors in the kids rooms so we can hear if/when they need anything.  I actually do not use nightlights in the kids' rooms because I fear they will break the glass bulb.  They both can't leave stuff alone and take things apart ALL THE TIME.

that's the one! amazon listed that same clock as not available right now, which is why i didn't get it.

i can't sleep in a room with the door closed. and since M's room is in the front of the house (street side) DH will not let me keep the windows open. even with the ceiling fan going it gets pretty stuffy in there. my mom suggested putting the gate up in his doorway, but i reminded her that he can unlatch it, she thinks that in the middle of the night when he is half asleep he wouldn't know how to do that. he woke up last night but didn't climb out.

• imageMrs_Hark:

my mom suggested putting the gate up in his doorway, but i reminded her that he can unlatch it, she thinks that in the middle of the night when he is half asleep he wouldn't know how to do that. he woke up last night but didn't climb out.

The first time Brianna opened a door handle was the middle of the night.  The first time she opened a door handle with a childproof handle was ALSO the middle of the night!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"