1st Trimester
Options

Is anyone having multiples??

Twins run in my family and in my husband's family too! Just curious if you knew you were pregnant with multiples b/c you felt bigger or different ect.
TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

Re: Is anyone having multiples??

• Options

I am not, but just wanted to point out that your husband having twins in his family has no bearing on whether or not you will have twins.

It only matters from your side.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagesalt78:

I am not, but just wanted to point out that your husband having twins in his family has no bearing on whether or not you will have twins.

Was just thinking this.

You beat me too it salt.

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagegigismomma:
    imagesalt78:

Was just thinking this.

You beat me too it salt.

Hey Gigi!!! Congrats on your BFP! I must have missed it in my lurking around on TTGP. *hugs*

• Options
    imagesalt78:
    imagegigismomma:
    imagesalt78:

Was just thinking this.

You beat me too it salt.

Hey Gigi!!! Congrats on your BFP! I must have missed it in my lurking around on TTGP. *hugs*

You dirty Lurker you.  I posted early this morning. *hugs*

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

actually this article pretty much says that unless hyper ovulation runs in your family (obviously on on womans side) there is no such thing as twins running in families.

https://multiples.about.com/od/pregnancy/a/familytwin.htm

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    From what I have read If the your mother was a twin you have a higher chance of having twins. Or if your husband was an identical twin then you'd have a higher chance of having twins.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

*headdesk*

Feeling "bigger" at 4 or 5 weeks?

I keep having to remind myself this is the 1st trimester board...

• Options
    I didn't find out I was having twins until my first ultrasound at 7w3d. I've had almost no symptoms and haven't gained any weight yet. Some of my pants are getting a little tighter so I think things are starting to shift a little bit but I haven't felt different or bigger.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageCranang:

*headdesk*

This.  But if you don't like first tri why lurke here? :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageAmmers197:
    Or if your husband was an identical twin then you'd have a higher chance of having twins.

False. Identical twins are a completely random occurrence and have nothing to do with family history. 

Fraternal twins occur when two eggs are released, which is why it can run in families. You could be genetically predisposed to releasing two eggs at once.

• Options
    My mom had twins and she said she was SOO much more tired during her first tri with them as opposed to the rest of us single births.  I would imagine it would take a bigger tole on your body and makes MS worse too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We are having fraternal twins because we put back two embryos when we did our IVF. I saw two gestational sac/ yolk sac at 5 w 1d, and at 7 w 1 d we had two heartbeats. I am queasy most of the day since about 5 w, extremely tired etc. Not sure how I would have felt if there were only one as this is my first pregnancy. I also weigh the same as I did pre-pregnancy.

Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imageWaitingOnNo2:
    imageCranang:

*headdesk*

This.  But if you don't like first tri why lurke here? :)

Habit?  Amusement?

Actually, it's because a) work is slow and b) it wasn't so long I was going through a lot of this stuff, so maybe I could answer some questions.  Someone who is 5 weeks pregnant asking another FTM that is 5 weeks pregnant if something is normal isn't helpful.  At 30 weeks, I might be able to help.  But I respond to crazy questions whether it's 1st tri or 3rd tri.  I'm an ecumenical poster.

• Options
    My last PG was twins not sure about this one yet but my last PG I felt no different and actually did'nt find out until my 12 week appt. lol!!! I was bigger than normal but I thought nothing of it at 12 weeks I just figured that since it was my 2nd PG that is why I was bigger faster :) I could only tell later on....I never got rid of m/s it stuck with me until delivery day :)
  • Options
    Oh and my girls are identicle :) And identicle is COMPLETELY spontaneous :)
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but you've got identical twins and don't know how to spell "identical?"
  • Options
    Who gives a crap if someone mispells a word! It's the last thing I care about!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker Due In March Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageTIFFANYTORRES1984:
    Oh and my girls are identicle :) And identicle is COMPLETELY spontaneous :)

lol wut.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

This is the first post in a while that I've read from top to bottom. It's been entertaining.

My dad was a twin and his grandma was and her grandma was so I wonder the same thing. Even though it's only a small chance, you always wonder until you know:) And you won't know until an ultrasound.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I'm not sure yet, first ultrasound is not for another 3 weeks, but so far nothing indicates for twins this pregnancy.  I have two sets of identical twins.  With those pregnancies my doctor thought I was measuring large for my EDD, so ultrasounds were done.  This time my uterus seems to be right along with my due date so my doctor is not concerned.  My mother had faternal twins which increases my odds of having faternal twins, but since my twins are identical, there is nothing that increases my chances of having identical twins, its random.  My chances of having another set of identical twins are no greater than anyone else, even though so far all I've had are identical twins. 

Really you won't know for sure if you are having twins until the ultrasound, only then will it be confirmed.  For my first set I didn't have any pregnancy symptoms, no morning sickness or anything like that.  With my second set I had morning sickness so bad I couldn't keep water down for more than 5 minutes and my doctor had me take Zofran (life saver!!!)  and it made my morning sickness disappear!  This time, my morning sickness is really bad on some days where I can't move without feeling lilke i'm going to puke, and some days I'm fine with minor nausea.  I won't know for sure if we are having twins until our first ultrasound.  I will let you guys know what we find out!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagegekeler6:

I'm not sure yet, first ultrasound is not for another 3 weeks, but so far nothing indicates for twins this pregnancy.  I have two sets of identical twins.  With those pregnancies my doctor thought I was measuring large for my EDD, so ultrasounds were done.  This time my uterus seems to be right along with my due date so my doctor is not concerned.  My mother had faternal twins which increases my odds of having faternal twins, but since my twins are identical, there is nothing that increases my chances of having identical twins, its random.  My chances of having another set of identical twins are no greater than anyone else, even though so far all I've had are identical twins. 

Really you won't know for sure if you are having twins until the ultrasound, only then will it be confirmed.  For my first set I didn't have any pregnancy symptoms, no morning sickness or anything like that.  With my second set I had morning sickness so bad I couldn't keep water down for more than 5 minutes and my doctor had me take Zofran (life saver!!!)  and it made my morning sickness disappear!  This time, my morning sickness is really bad on some days where I can't move without feeling lilke i'm going to puke, and some days I'm fine with minor nausea.  I won't know for sure if we are having twins until our first ultrasound.  I will let you guys know what we find out!

WOW two sets! That's awesome! Thanks for answering. I was just wondering if those that had twins felt any differently in the beginning or felt way more bloated or something. I know you wouldn't officially know til the ultrasound. Keep me posted!

My grandma is an identical twin and her sister had faternal twins.

• Options

imagehutchings30:

Seriously!

She has nothing better to do and doesn't like herself (hence being rude to others) so I just feel bad for her.

• Options
    Ugh! I just get angry cause some people on here have the rudest comments to others. Some of these ladies are first time moms asking questions. Not everyone knows ALL the answers!Stick out tongue
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker Due In March Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagehutchings30:

Says the girl who is counting down to finding out a baby's "gender" in her signature. I guess you don't care about the definition of words, either.

my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options

We're having identicals this time around.  I found out with the u/s that was done to check out some spotting I was having.  My other two are singletons, had bad m/s with DD1 and none with DD2, so I figured that this one was making up for it.  I've had horrific m/s and am constantly tired - I have to take a nap in order to make it through the day.  Before finding out about the twins, I was having trouble finding comfy bottoms that fit, but attributed it to being the 3rd pg - I started showing earlier with #2 as well. 

Congrats on your BFP :)

• Options
    imageJazzyashes84:

imagehutchings30:

Seriously!

She has nothing better to do and doesn't like herself (hence being rude to others) so I just feel bad for her.

For the record, MISSPELL.  Look, I'm just saying that you should have a basic command of your primary language, that's all.

Awww, and thanks for feeling sorry for me.  I bet you feel badly for my husband and unborn baby too.  They both thank you.

I guess I just feel that if you are old enough and mature enough to bring a child into the world, you should be a little more intelligent than some of these ridiculous posts.  Being a first time mom isn't an excuse.  Legitimate questions regarding pregnancy are one thing, but appearing completely ignorant is inexcusable.  And this is a public message board...suck it up, because you're opening yourself up when you post publicly.  If we're too mean, consider www.babygaga.com.  They are full of puppies and rainbows...seems more your style.

• Options
    It's okay if you don't like yourself, Cran. I like you. ::sparkle hearts::
  • Options

imagesalt78:
    It's okay if you don't like yourself, Cran. I like you. ::sparkle hearts::

Awwww, thanks Salt.  It feels good to be liked, since I'm so self-loathing.  I like you too. <3

• Options
    imageJazzyashes84:
    imagegekeler6:

WOW two sets! That's awesome! Thanks for answering. I was just wondering if those that had twins felt any differently in the beginning or felt way more bloated or something. I know you wouldn't officially know til the ultrasound. Keep me posted!

My grandma is an identical twin and her sister had faternal twins.

Congrats and if you are hoping for twins I hope you are having them!  Not going to lie, carrying multiples is hard work and tough on your mind and body.  I haven't gotten to experience just one baby (crossing fingers for just one this time).  I really had nothing indicating twins until the ultrasound tech saw two babies in there.   My doctor was the one who was suspecious the second time due to my uterus measuring large but she also jokingly laughed while she said,"maybe it's twins again!" 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Although this is my first pregnancy and I can't compare, I could barely stay awake when I got home from work in my first trimester.  Sure enough at 15 weeks when I was measuring big we went for an ultrasound and twins!  So excessive fatigue was one of my signs.  I mean I fell asleep at a birthday party. 

• Options
    imageJazzyashes84:

imagehutchings30:

Seriously!

Hahaha. Thanks. I needed that laugh. I'm sure you feel sorry for her DH too, right? Look. If you had identical twins don't you think you'd know how to spell the word? Surely she has seen it written enough times to know.
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"