August 2011 Moms

H's ex-GF

*I'm using an AE since I post here pretty often*

H and his girlfriend broke up 4 years ago.  H is the one who ended things and admits that he didn't go about it the right way.  His ex-gf did not take the news well and tried to win him back for about 1 year after they broke up, even though he and I were already dating.  She finally stopped calling and texting him so we thought that she had finally moved on.  She's even married now.

Now that I'm expecting our first, she has been emailing/Facebook messaging him again offering congratulations and just trying to be "friendly" as she says.  He doesn't respond other than to say "thanks".  He wants things to be cordial, but doesn't want her to get the wrong idea by responding back.

Am I wrong to think that he should just completely block her?  I mean I'm due to give birth any second and I really don't need to add this stress to what is already a stressful time.  This girl is known to be manipulative and I think she has even stalked H in the past few years.

Thoughts/advice?

Re: H's ex-GF

• imageloujeff18:

Am I wrong to think that he should just completely block her?  I mean I'm due to give birth any second and I really don't need to add this stress to what is already a stressful time.  This girl is known to be manipulative and I think she has even stalked H in the past few years.

Thoughts/advice?

This is the part that bothers me. It's hard to be cordial with someone who is a known manipulator and stalked your H. It's definitely a time when you should tell your H to block her. He doesn't have a need to talk to this girl, she's an  ex and they don't have kids together. His relationship with you is what comes first, and he should discontinue contact with her if it bothers you. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesptaylor91:
    imageloujeff18:

Thoughts/advice?

This is the part that bothers me. It's hard to be cordial with someone who is a known manipulator and stalked your H. It's definitely a time when you should tell your H to block her. He doesn't have a need to talk to this girl, she's an  ex and they don't have kids together. His relationship with you is what comes first, and he should discontinue contact with her if it bothers you. 

YesYes

I say he needs to block her

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesptaylor91:
    imageloujeff18:

Thoughts/advice?

YesYes

I say he needs to block her

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK!!!!  Where is that chicken? BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK!!!
  • sptaylor said it best. He needs to block her. Every time he responds back when she reaches out is like inviting her to continue communicating with him. If he won't block her, then he at least needs to stop responding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"