Parenting after a Loss
Options

FB board question: is it truly private?

Let me preface this by saying I don't belong to the FB group and probably never will.  I don't share my name, LO's name, photos, etc. on TB -- I prefer to remain anonymous for a number of reasons.  If I joined the FB group that would all go out the window.   

I read a while back that FB was going to allow some posts from private boards to be included in your news feed.  This seems like a really bad idea, especially if you want to maintain some sembence of privacy with your private board postings.  Is this in fact true?  The idea of a co-worker or in-law or other person that does not need to know about my baby or pregnancy-related issues reading a post I put on the FB board is troubling at best (horrifying at worst).

So, is the FB board truly private, or can other FB friends not on the board see some or all of your posts on the board?   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FB board question: is it truly private?

• Options
    I'm fairly certain that if you belong to a secret group people who aren't members don't even know that you belong to it, let alone see any of your posts from it.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It is completely private and no one on your personal friends list will see your posts or even see that you belong to that group.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jack Emmett born on 2/2/10 after 17 cycles and a miscarriage
    Calvin Wyatt born on 1/10/12. Our surprise baby!

EP Facebook Group ~*~ My Baby/Life Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Conversely, can everyone on the private FB group see all of my postings, photos, and other information that my "regular FB friends" can see? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageshelbyluvschachi:

Conversely, can everyone on the private FB group see all of my postings, photos, and other information that my "regular FB friends" can see? 

That depends on your FB privacy settings. Only my friends can see stuff on my page.
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Options
    I believe that if the board is set as secret, no one can see it unless you are friends with someone from the board.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    imageshelbyluvschachi:

I am not friends with Vflipo on FB, but we are in the FB group. I can't see her stuff (well haven't tried so I don't know her privacy settings) but she shouldn't be able to seen mine.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    imagemagdalina.h:
    imageshelbyluvschachi:

I am not friends with Vflipo on FB, but we are in the FB group. I can't see her stuff (well haven't tried so I don't know her privacy settings) but she shouldn't be able to seen mine.

I'm a little hurt that you haven't tried to FB stalk me yet :(

I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"