Breastfeeding

few days old

My LO only came on Monday night and I know milk doesnt always come in straight away. Shes trying her best to get something out and has barely drank from a bottle so Im really wanting to know if theres anything I can do to try and get my milk to come...

FTM and completely clueless so TIA for any tips

Re: few days old

• My milk took 5 days to come in but I never game my DD a bottle.  I was told by a LC that as long as my DD latched and sucked then she'll be fine.  My DD only got an ounce or two at each feeding the first week.  

Is colostrum coming out?  If it is that's all she needs.  If you're worried speak with a LC.  They're amazing! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • They really don't need much in the beginning, no need for bottles.  Nurse, nurse, nurse that is the only thing that will get your milk to come in faster.  But first time moms take a while, it took me 4 days with my first.  It takes some moms longer and it usually takes at least 3 days so you really shouldn't be expecting it quite yet.  It also doesn't "come in" all at once it transitions from colostrum to milk so it will start coming in before you notice it.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree, it took a few days for my milk to really come in.  Don't give a bottle, she is getting all that is needed, even if your milk isn't coming in yet.  Make sure you are nursing every 2-3 hours! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thanks ladies for the help
  • You could always hand express a little bit of colustrum out to double check that there is something there.  It may make you feel better.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"