Georgia Babies

feeding question

So last weekend we started feeding Kellen solids and the kid went to town and gobbled it up like he had a bottomless pit!  And then this past weekend all the boys got a stomach virus, including Kellen and he was soooo sick.  Now he is better and I've tried feeding him solids again and he won't even open his mouth.  At.All.

So what do I do?  Do I keep trying?  Do I wait a week or more?

Re: feeding question

• I don't know the answer, but I'm sorry everyone was sick.  Poor boys!  :(

I would probably try again and if he doesn't want it then wait a few days.  Another option would be to try a new food because maybe the smell of whatever you are offering him somehow makes him remember being sick?  Not sure if that's true for babies but definitely for adults! 

Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • i am a big fan of keep trying when it comes to food, if they don't want it i never make big deal, just try again later. i also read that you can show them how you respond (take a bite and make a big fuss about how yummy it is) and it gives them an idea of how to respond.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • This happened to our baby. He was eating great and got a bad cold. He stopped eating b/c he was stuffy and congested. It took about 2 wks to get him back where he was. He was about 6 months then, so he was very familiar with solids.
  • This happened with Cadence every time she got sick. I always used to think it was because her stomach shrank from not eating as much. Actually, she still kind of does this now, it takes her a while to get her appetitie back.

I just keep offering until she eats something. I got Kellen is back to 100% soon.

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• imageKT&John:

This happened with Cadence every time she got sick. I always used to think it was because her stomach shrank from not eating as much. Actually, she still kind of does this now, it takes her a while to get her appetitie back.

I just keep offering until she eats something. I got Kellen is back to 100% soon.

this is a good point actually, I didn't think of that!  he also has been waking to eat in the middle of the night again the last few nights, so maybe he's just gotta get back to hungry!  Thanks everyone, I'll keep trying!

• Go with the nursing/bottles for a few weeks so he can make up for the calories he lost last week.  Then I bet he'll be interested again.  Sophie had a tummy bug last week too and she was way more interested in formula than solids for the first few days afterwards.  Now she's back to chowing down.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"