Maryland Babies
Options

Doctor Frustration....

Ok, so I have really liked a couple Doctors that we've seen at Annapolis Pediatrics. We went in yesterday for LO's 4 month appt (well... and found out he has an ear infection, ugh) and we were told that we've seen SEVEN different doctors/NPs for our well visits/sick visits and that we should pick one and try to stay consistent... which I definitely agree. So, I called this morning to make his 6 and 9 month appts - and guess what... the doctor we want (who we saw yesterday) has no availability until he is 7 months. Asked about the other 2 doctors we really liked... same thing. I don't get how we are supposed to stay with a doctor when they NEVER have a schedule opening! If it's this hard to get an appointment scheduled for 2-5 months away, how are we supposed to get a sick visit with them immediately?? GRRRR.... I don't know what to do... we chose their practice for these specific few doctors.... Indifferent

On a happier note, today is DH and mine 3rd anniversary and we are going out on our FIRST actual date night since LO arrived!! WAHOOO!!! Big Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Doctor Frustration....

• Options

Our favorite doctor seems to be pretty popular and she is always booked about 2 months in advance. We have seen her for almost all of our well child checks, but missed a few of the earlier ones since they have so many when they are young and you really can't schedule them THAT far ahead. I learned quickly to just schedule the well child checks as far in advance as they would let me.  It has been great because he trusts her and likes her and she remembers stuff we have told her from previous visits. There are 2 or 3 other docs there who we also really like and don't hesitate to schedule a well child visit with them if we have to. It does get easier....soon he will only be going in about once a year!

As for the sick visits, they are seen by whoever is there that day and available, which I have no problem with. I would rather just get him in if he's having a problem than wait til my favorite doc is available. This has never caused a problem-there was only one NP there I did not particularly care for and hopefully we wont have to deal with that person again. All in all we have been really happy, but I do sympathize with you as I remember how much you are going in when they are small!

ETA: have you tried seeing if your favorite doctors are available at the other locations? we go to both the Waugh Chapel and the Annapolis offices, depending on availability. They are only 15 minutes from each other. There's also the office in Arnold. Just a thought. And happy anniversary!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes - we tried the Waugh Chapel one too - but they are all appointments in the middle of the day when I cannot get there... it would work only for end of day. Do you have a doctor you recommend? Maybe we can see if they are available...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't have any advice on the Dr issue. We chose our pedi practice because of one of the Drs and I try to schedule DS's appts with him. But the first 3 appts ever (1 week, 2 week, and a weight check) were with a NP because they were such short notice.

Yay for date night!!! And happy anniversary!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options

We always see Dr. Turner. She is very personable, funny, and her and my DH just hit it off like crazy. I'm not sure of you and your DH's personality-she wouldn't be a perfect match for everyone-she's very extroverted, opinionated and kind of over the top in a funny way. DS loves her though. As soon as she held him when he was a tiny infant he stopped fussing and just stared at her intently.

I also like Dr. Fortier-we've only seen him once but he is very warm and welcoming and has a great demeanor with kids. Dr. Kim was also great. She's more quiet and reserved than Dr. Turner but very thorough and really took her time trying to figure out what was going on with DS's symptoms and explaining everything to us. There is a NP there named Kay Gringell (sp?) who we saw for his one year well visit and she was equally great. She is younger and very down to earth-DS took to her immediately as well. Those are the ones that are standing out in my head right now, I know we have seen a lot more (LOTS of sick appts after those first months in daycare). HTH!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I would just book his 6 month check-up for 7 months so you can see the doctor you want, and do the same thing @ 9 months etc. It's not that big of a deal at this point to be a month late. 

We LOVE Kay Gingell, she is so fabulous.  I have a mom-crush on her.  Her DD is around DS's age and her dad lives in our neighborhood- I want them to hang out!  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagedaisyterp:

I would just book his 6 month check-up for 7 months so you can see the doctor you want, and do the same thing @ 9 months etc. It's not that big of a deal at this point to be a month late. 

We LOVE Kay Gingell, she is so fabulous.  I have a mom-crush on her.  Her DD is around DS's age and her dad lives in our neighborhood- I want them to hang out!  

It depends on your DC if you should wait or not, ours wants updated shot records every 6 months, and unless you specifically have the doctor indicate you are a different schedule, they expect them to be done around the time of the appropriate age visit. 

This is why I really like Dr. Schneider, we always see him for our age visits, he's the only pedi at his practice.  Well that and, he was my pedi growing up too :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had called yesterday and left a message for the doctor with my concern.... I got a called back from his nurse this morning and said that they could fit me in on 10/25 before he leaves on vacation (LO is 6 months on 10/28... they originally scheduled me for 11/18) and that it would be fine for vaccinations. So, I'm very happy I called Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"