October 2011 Moms

72 hours later and finally we have electricity!

oh.my.goodness.  I have never been so happy to turn on a light in my life. It has become so difficult get comfortable and stay asleep as it is, but with no AC... it was absolutely miserable.  I actually cried 3 times yesterday, I was so tired and over it.  Hallelujah!  We have air!!

Now who wants to come over and do the dishes, vacuum, laundry, wash the floors and bathrooms, and go food shopping for me (because we lost everything.  Literally everything.  But my fridge and freezer are sparklingly clean!)?  Ug.  Maybe I will go take a nap in my beautifully air conditioned bedroom.. or at least lay down and think about all the work that has to be done..

:) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 72 hours later and finally we have electricity!

• you are lucky to have it back on so soon!!  we have friends that are still without power and they are saying not until at least the 4th!!   the waterways around here just crested yesterday and thousands of people had to be evacuated and lost their homes to flooding.  we are so lucky to not have any real damage to our house. 

just take it easy and relax now that you have the power back on, the housework isn't going anywhere!

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • It made me so mad all the people that were joking about Irene being a bust. It really screwed up a lot of people's lives and there was a lot of damage. Just because it wasn't in Manhattan proper, or Boston proper, doesn't mean it wasn't a real storm.

I'm glad you're back up and running.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad you got your power back.  Take it easy!  Friends of ours brought their newborn home and their first 24hrs with him was without power.  NOT FUN!

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Yesterday MH saw Utility trucks from MISSISSIPPI heading to NJ (and hopefully other points north).  I know the help is needed.

Glad you are OK and back onlilne.

Alison, I was FURIOUS with people on FB who claimed that it was all hype.  The fact that anyone died, let alone >35 people....  sigh.  People piss me off.

Just because THEY didn't lose power, get flooded, or know anyone who got hurt doesn't mean it didn't happen.

• We were hit pretty hard here too!! Luckily we only went 24hrs without power but so many just 5 mins away still have nothing and they are saying Friday or maybe Monday! Schools were supposed to open on Monday but are still closed because of blocked roads and no power. I say leave the chores and enjoy the AC! Take a nap and tackle everything later.
    SAHM to the sweetest little girl and boy... I love my job!

Praying for Baby Camryn
    Praying for Baby Scarlett
    Remembering Baby Adam
  • My sister lives in Wallington, NJ and they had mandatory evacuations yesterday. They flooded right after Irene and yesterday the river crested so the entire city is under water.  They left everything behind and had to take the babies and go to my mom's house for who knows how long at this point.  Her entire street is underwater, you can't even see the cars. My mom's work building is underwater (across from the Passaic River) so they won't be going in for a long time.

I had friends from that area posting on FB about how it was all hype and they wish at least something happened.  I told them I'll gladly come over and flood their car if they'd like and they can always turn off the lights if they want to experience what millions are experiencing.   Jersey got hit really, really bad.  DH's company is based there (we are on the W Coast) and they haven't been at work since Monday, and not sure when they are going back.   Count your blessings if you are out of the flood zone and with power, I feel so bad for my friends and family back home that have to deal with this crap!

• I'm wondering if you're from near my hometown in MA.  They got HAMMERED by the flooding from Irene.  Roads wiped out, water higher than I've ever seen in my life in the rivers, National Guard called in...you name it. 

Sorry about your food, but I'm glad you have power (and AC) back!

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• So glad you got your power back on!  My relatives back East still don't have power!
  • Ours was only out for 24 hours, but I cried for joy when it came back on.  There are tens of thousands in my area (coastal NC) that still don't have power- since Friday and crews still don't know if it will all be back on by this Friday!  I will say that the cold shower felt good to cool off since there was no AC, LOL.  

Good luck with your clean up- I'm still finding branches in our back yard (and making my 2 year old pick them up for me)! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"