Trouble TTC

clomid vs femara

I know there are only 6 lifetime clomid cycles, but does that go for femara as well?

Also, i was on two cycles of back to back clomid and my doctor said that a cycle on clomid only counts if i ovulate (so i took 5 days of clomid, went for monitoring, they said i didn't respond so upped my dose and i took it for another 5 days....they say that is one cycle of clomid). Is this really true? I thought one "cycle" of clomid was that 5 days of taking it. 

Is there a lifetime limit on how much femara you can take? Or any of the injectibles for that matter?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: clomid vs femara

• To my knowledge, Femara or injectibles do not have a limit on how many cycles you can do.

I'm not sure about a Clomid cycle not counting if you don't ovulate...that sounds strange to me but again...I don't know much about Clomid.

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Femara or injectibles don't have a lifetime max.

Your clomid cycles that you didn't ovulate on should count towards your max.  It has negative uterin effects regardless of whether or not you ovulate.  Your RE may have a recommendation of giving each protocol a certain number of chances (say three cycles) and the months you don't ovulate might not count as giving it a chance. 

Good Luck!

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • thanks ladies! so i think if this cycle doesnt work then femara/injectibles are in my future. Im not going to take anymore clomid.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"