Maryland Babies
Options

Check in time...

Have anything to share? Bump pictures, new baby, toddler news? Please share them below.

Re: Check in time...

• Options

Last night was night#1 with no paci. We've been telling her for weeks that she would have to give back her paci to all the new babies being born. We've been limiting when she can have it, just at night. Last night after bath time she asked for it. I told her the Fairy paci mother took them to all the new babies. Oh she cried for about 20 minutes (I would call it fake crying!- At least that's what it sounded like). We read to her and then she climbed into DH lap and went to sleep. She STTN (thank the lord) and woke up at 5:15 this morning, but that's normal for her. Oh she questioned me, where her paci was. I told her she didn't even have one last night. She seemed fine. Onward to night #2.

In other news... this is A's last week of in-home daycare. Today was her first day back since the storm. DCP hasn't had power, currently they are running on back up generator. Next Tuesday she starts the daycare center. I keep telling her that she's going to daycare with Sydney. And now all she talks about is Sydney. Love it! Hopefully the transition is easy for her. 

• Options

DS is getting busier by the day!  He started to show his imagination this week, and it is the CUTEST thing I've ever seen - he was walking around w/ a little paper bag, and opened it up, peeked in, then pretended to reach in and take something out and put it in his mouth and "eat." He then offered the bag to me and I copied what he'd done, which he thought was hilarious, then he did it again.  He also showed us he wanted Cheerios when we were grocery shopping and he took the box and looked at the picture and again pretended to grab the Cheerios in the picture and "eat" them.

Of course, w/ being more active also means he's testing his limits and is into everything.  He gets told "no" and redirected, but promptly finds something else to get into, no matter how well the room seems baby proofed.  Sigh.

And Thing 2 seems to be giving DS a run for his money on the stubborn front - I had a checkup yesterday and the midwife had major issues getting the HB b/c everytime she'd get near the baby, he/she would move away.  The midwife was cracking up b/c she said she could hear the HB in the background, but it wasn't enough for the doppler to pick it up to get the count.  The whole thing about gave DH and I a heart attack though b/c even though DS was stubborn and would kick/punch the doppler, they always picked up his HB immediately, and the 2 times prior to this they've picked up this LO's HB, they were able to get it right away, so not hearing that noise as soon as she put it down really freaked us out for a moment.  We have the anatomy scan next Thurs, and even though we're staying Team Green, we're still thrilled to get to see LO since the last time we saw him/her, the resemblance was more that of a gummy bear than a person. :)

From DH's ordination on Friday - DS was a hit in his blazer. :)

And apparently despite blowing up basically as soon as I got a BFP w/ this one, I'm now looking exactly the same...

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My oldest starts preschool next week and I am sooo confused as to where the time has gone!  She is a fiesty little thing, so the husband and I are secretly wishing the teachers the best of luck controlling her spirit.  Even though I am going to be sad to see her go, I think it is going to be nice to have some alone time with my youngest.  The husband and I have managed our work schedules so that one of us is generally with the children, so the little one has gotten very limited time to herself...not that she minds because she is over the moon for her sister.  Excitement all around.  

On another note....I am SO ready for Fall....anyone else? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Nothing too new or exciting that I haven't already AW'd about.

DD keeps confusing Cinderella and umbrella - which is very funny and sweet.  Her new thing is that she says "I love you so MUCH Mommy/Daddy" which is what I say - so that's very sweet.  She's also newly obsessed w/ Piglet and Winnie the Pooh and constantly asking me who's a boy and who's a girl.  She also tells me she's not a grown up, but she is a "super very big person" and not a baby or a little kid.

She's also starting to develop a sense of time and has a memory that she'll recall, but her time frames are all off - so she'll see something we did weeks ago and say "I did that yesterday!"  or "I going to be a grown up tomorrow!"

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Pastor's Wife-your bump is so cute!! I am entering serious blue whale territory and starting to wake up with sore hips, which happened with DS too. Fun.

DS is hysterical regardless of the fact he hates sleeping in his new bed. After screaming for me for ten minutes last night, I open his door and he stops crying immediately and chirps "Look Mommy! I got a pillow pet!"

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

LO is officially 4 months old!! He is starting to hold on to things, follow and take in other babies/kids, and really move around!

• Options

I actually have a couple minutes to post---with TWO hands typing!  (it's the little things!!)

Faith is 7 weeks old today--time is flying back. She is smiling at us and loves being talked to.  She will move her heard all around trying to find us when she hears our voices.  Still getting up a few times a night to nurse but it's really not that bad.  After all my worrying during my pregnancy, nursing is going great thank goodness.  She was 10 lbs 1 oz at her one month check up--her weight when we were discharged from the hospital was 7lbs 1oz so we really gained and is in the 75th percentile. 

Ava is doing great. She is starting to really love her sister which makes me happy.  She is starting dance class in a couple weeks which I'm excited about. This will be her first time alone (we have to wait in the hallway during class) so I hope it's a success.

Chris is a sophmore this year! He had orientation yesterday but doesn't start school until Tuesday. I pray it's a good year.  It's going to be hard for him to get used to getting up early again (him and his friend are still downstairs sleeping!).

Oh and big news--had my 6 week check up last week. I am 6 lbs lighter than my pre-pregancy weight! I honestly have no idea how since Ava and I have been making "goodies" every week!!

• Options

Lucy is now doing so much more. WE started her on purees and are trying baby-led weaning, so watching her eat a baked peach by herself is pretty cute and funny. She knows how things work and what she wants, but gets frustrated because she can't do or work them. For example, she has this giraffe that winds up and plays music. When the music stops, she swats at the wind-up mechanism because she *knows* that's how to get the music to play. She stands and is trying to crawl, but no such luck yet. She is still teething and making lots of noise. Recently, she has started grabbing things - her favorite is my hair when I am nursing her in the a.m.

Note her feet are barely touching the ground. When we first got this her feet were 2-3 inches up.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageidonthavethis:

Oh and big news--had my 6 week check up last week. I am 6 lbs lighter than my pre-pregancy weight! I honestly have no idea how since Ava and I have been making "goodies" every week!!

It's the nursing diet . Wink

• Options
    imagemadladybride:
    imageidonthavethis:

It's the nursing diet . Wink

This is something I miss about BFing - I lost weight at an alarming rate!!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options
    imagemadladybride:

Lucy is now doing so much more. WE started her on purees and are trying baby-led weaning, so watching her eat a baked peach by herself is pretty cute and funny. She knows how things work and what she wants, but gets frustrated because she can't do or work them. For example, she has this giraffe that winds up and plays music. When the music stops, she swats at the wind-up mechanism because she *knows* that's how to get the music to play. She stands and is trying to crawl, but no such luck yet. She is still teething and making lots of noise. Recently, she has started grabbing things - her favorite is my hair when I am nursing her in the a.m.

awww - Lucy!!  So cute when they start to figure things out like that.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

DS will be 3 months old tomorrow!! I can't believe he's that old already. He's no longer a squishy newborn! CryingBig Smile

We're going through a rough patch this past week. After 6-ish lovely weeks of STTN, LO is going through some kind of...something. Since the first night in his crib (at 5 weeks) we've rocked him to sleep (or almost sleep) then put him down in the crib and he always stayed there no problem. It was the ONLY thing he did reliably. Now it takes over an hour to get him to go down - he cries as soon as his head touches the crib, even if he was asleep. And he's waking up 1-2x per night and again it takes an hour or more to get him back down. Last night we got him to sleep around midnight and he woke up twice before 5am. Thank God I can have unlimited caffeine again.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options

SK- He could be going through a growth spurt... 

DD officailly went to the toddler room this week.  The first morning she was very confused and kept trying to walk me to the baby room, but as soon as I took her into the toddler room she was off an running.  She didn't cry when I left, which was a welcome change!

She is loving it. Instead of highchairs they now sit at tables to eat.  I noticed that she isn't drinking nearly as much and she comes home famished.  I think that she is too busy to stop and eat or drink. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

DD starts back up at school next week and I can't wait!  I am co-oping her 2nd day back, which will be interesting.  We visited her school (she went last year just one day a week) and she will be in a different room but w/ the same teacher.  We had a little pool party on Friday night with 2 kids/families who will be in her class, a kid/family from her class last year and her teacher.  She is super excited. She is really into reading mail- she totally makes up what letters/postcards say, thinking they are all to her, etc. it's rather hilarious, because she just goes on and on about what her friends wrote her. 

DS is beginning to talk more and more, he almost has the names for the dogs down- which is SO cute. He says bye-bye to everyone and waves.

I am super excited to have finally met up with one of my neighbors who I knew from college, but never bumped into.  She has a son a few months older than DS, we are hopeful they will be buddies, since DD has some good friends her age in our 'hood.  

• Options

Jen - I love that Annabelle is talking about Sydney all the time! I can't wait for them to be able to hang out together. Dan picked Syd up earlier this week and asked them where A was. He came home and said "I thought she already started?" But I told him it was next week.

PastorsWife - your bumps do look exactly the same! Too cute.

Sydney is saying more and more words every day and I love it. She's starting to repeat words too. Whenever she cries because she wants help with something, I said "do you need help?" and she says "hep hep hep." So freaking cute.

She also has started saying "poop" when she has already gone or needs to go. I know we are a ways off from potty training yet, but this is definitely the first step.

And she loves, loves, loves songs. Her favorite is "row row row your boat." She will come up to me and take my hands and start swaying back and forth saying "row row row row row." She also loves Itsy Bitsy Spider and tries to do hand motions to it.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

DD is 18 months now and I just love this stage -- her vocab is increasing and I love watching her play and interact with others.  It also warms my heart when she grabs her baby doll, carries it with her and pats it on the back.  She is going to be such a good big sister!

As for #2, I'm almost 38 weeks and I won't bore you with the complaints but I'm to the point where I'm ready for this baby to come.  They say everything is magnified with the second pregnancy and I can attest to that!!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Here is the latest of my LO; he will be 6 months next Friday and has just starting eating foods--carrots and string beans seem to be a favorite. Haven't tried fruit yet though :)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagetmm140:

Here is the latest of my LO; he will be 6 months next Friday and has just starting eating foods--carrots and string beans seem to be a favorite. Haven't tried fruit yet though :)

OMG look at all that hair! 

Good luck Nikki! Praying for an easy delivery. 

• Options

Continous changing daily! I love it!

Saying a lot of words, repeating quite a bit.  She's having full fledged jibber jabber conversations with me now. She's got 4 front teeth, 3 on the bottom and all 4 molars are through the skin.  She's also getting that 4th front bottom tooth.  Sleeping is good. I need to work on the bottles because that is her only "security" item.  She must have her bottles, she won't take a bink, a blankie, a toy, etc.  It's frustrating but I guess it could be worse.  She's such a big girl, wearing 2t and just looking so much like a toddler.  I am missing my teeny ittsy bitsy baby.

• Options
    I had my first internal yesterday! I am 50% effaced and the baby is fully engaged! That was exciting for me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker C3M_011-1677082855-O.jpg
  • Options

Chloe got her first top tooth and separation anxiety is in full throttle. lol She wants her mommy all the time again.

London turns two in two weeks. ::sniff, sniff:: Where did the time go?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"