Trouble TTC

Another Clomid Question

Today is CD1 and I will start my 1st Clomid cycle this week.  My cycles are all over the map.  In the last 8 months my O has been anywhere from CD 33-41. DH will be out of town for work this month on CDs 19 - 24. 

My RE said Clomid may or may not change my cycle length and O date.  If it moves my O date up a lot it could coincide with the time DH is out of town. I am not sure what to expect and I'm not sure I should take it this month if our chances are going to be slim - but on the other hand, I don't want to wait and know there may still be a chance.  I plan to ask my RE about it when I call them today. 

What would you ladies do?  Anyone had a huge change in O date on it?  I am trying to figure out if I could just drive up to where DH will be for a quickie if I get a + opk  while he's gone but that seems like it would be really difficult.  Oh another question - is it ok to use preseed while using Clomid?  I will put this on my list of things to ask the RE today too.  TIA!

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Another Clomid Question

• I'm not sure what your body will do, but in my experience, I normally ovulate at CD16-18 on my own. With Clomid, my follicles are normally ready for trigger at CD10! So it definitely moved mine up. Remember that Clomid cycles are precious - Clomid is cheap, and you only get 6 in a lifetime. I normally don't cycle during months that I know will be insanely busy or that BD might not be possible.

Not sure about the PreSeed question...I don't see why not though.

Good luck!!!!

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Ugh! RE's office phones are down and they are running on a generator.  I have to go in person to ask my questions and get the prescription.  Stupid hurricane!

• Loading the player...
  • Thought I would update you all in case anyone cared about the preseed  question.  The nurse said using preseed is not a problem w Clomid.  She also thought it was ok for me to use Clomid this cycle since there is still a chance we  could get KU.  

• Thanks for the update!

I  usually O CD 15 - 17 normally.  On Clomid I o'ed CD 14 last month and probably CD 13 (today) this month.  I use a trigger shot which forces me to ovulate withing 48 hours of taking it. 

I'm happy to hear pre seed is okay as we use it all the time.  I've found that clomid has dried me up a bit and we definintely need a lube 

Best of luck with this cycle.

After 15 cycles and 3 rounds of clomid (50mg) we got our BFP.

Lots of luck to my Golden Girls
  • I've had quite a change in O date with Clomid. I usually O anywhere from CD21 - CD28.  Last cycle I took Clomid CD5-9 and I Oed on CD17.  This cycle, I took Clomid CD3-7 and I Oed on CD13.  I think it depends on whether or not they are going to give you the hCG trigger.  I had the trigger both times so I can't say what my body would have done on its own without that. Good luck! 
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"