Austin Babies

dinner tonight was a hit so I should share :)

root beer pork:

I used pork roast (hubby is uber picky about fatty meat and this had just a small strip over the top/back)

bottle of root beer (today we tried boylin (sp) with cane sugar

put pork in, pour root beer and check it 6-7 hours later (turn if you want at some point)

peach bbq sauce:

I used this recipe (from pinterest) but found it lacking something.

?1/2 cup olive oil - I used canola-

1 onion, chopped?

1 large clove garlic chopped

?1 lb (16 oz) of canned or fresh soft & ripe peaches?

1 ripe tomato, quartered

?1 tsp. lemon zest?

Juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup)

?3 Tbsp Spicy Mustard?

2 tsp. paprika?

3/4 cup water

?3/4 cup ketchup?

1 tbsp. Sorghum (or molasses)
Directions?In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high heat; stir in onion & garlic, and saute till translucent, about 5-10 minutes. Next, add in the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil for about 3 minutes. Turn down heat and simmer  for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off burner and carefully transfer ingredients to a blender or food processor and puree till smooth. Next, either transfer sauce back to pan to continue to simmer or set aside for later use.

I saw it was a paula deen recipe, so I looked that up (linky here) and added a bit of brown sugar and worchester sauce, tasted it and it was immensely better! I then added a little dry mustard powder and that made it even better :)

shred the pork, pour on some sauce (I always add a little of the cooking liquid to the pork), spoon onto buns and bobs your uncle you got yummy sandwiches.

We had coleslaw and potato salad to the side.

coleslaw was preshredded and I buy an all natural coleslaw dressing with poppy seeds in it, I add a bit of vinegar and yoghurt to tang it up.

potato salad:

boiled taters

green onions

bacon

shredded cheese

dill

sour cream and greek yoghurt to dress.

my kid totally licked his plate tonight :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: dinner tonight was a hit so I should share :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"