Breastfeeding

weaning from daytime feedings?

I am still nursing my daughter 7 times a day & I want to try to cut out the pumping I'll have to do during school (I'm a teacher) because I hate it SO much & it's not always easy to get the time during the school day to pump. I gave her a bottle today & skipped one feeding without too much pain even though I didn't pump at all. I'll see what tomorrow morning brings. She only eats on one side during a feeding so it makes it a little harder since I can't really pump just to relieve the pressure easily 2 or 3 times during the day. She usually gets 2 or 3 times while I will be at work. I am just nervous about getting a clogged duct or mastitis. Any guidance will help! Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: weaning from daytime feedings?

• Could you pump the other side before you leave for the day, once at lunch & then again after work?  I decreased my pumping sessions gradually b/c I am VERY prone to clogged ducts.  What I did was shorted the pumping session length every few days until it was under 10 min then I'd drop it.  I dropped one at a time.  It worked out good.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"