Breastfeeding

Nipple pain and fever?

I've had nipple pain for over a week (more than usual).  I've attributed it to my son's shallow latch, blisters and flatness of the nipple when he's finished nursing.  Today I started feeling run down and when I took my temp just now it's 100.4.  I know that's not a high fever, but I'm not sure where to start with this, as I'm concerned about passing something to my son.  Do I call my general family doctor, my OB/GYN?  My son is 5 weeks old.  Thanks for any advice!
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nipple pain and fever?

• Do you have a clogged duct? If a clog gets infected, it turns to mastitis. www.kellymom.com has info about it. Your OB can prescribe an antibiotic. Even if you have mastitis or another illness, it's best to keep nursing. LO will get antibodies from your milk and won't get sick.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Thanks.  i dont have a clogged duct now but i had one a week ago.  It resolved pretty quickly w hot compresses and nursing.  My breasts are warm, but i think they've been warm  since I started nursing? :(]
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"