Upstate NY Babies

Where is LO when you shower?

I still have the PnP set up in our bedroom, so I put DD in there when I shower.  We will be converting it back to a bassinet when the baby comes, so I'm just wondering what the rest of the world does with their kids when they shower.

Re: Where is LO when you shower?

• She's either playing in the livingroom, which is baby proofed & I turn on Mickey Mouse, or IN the shower with me...missing my alone shower time these days haha!
  • She watches tv while I shower if it is in the morning bc she wakes up sleepy and will just sit there.  If it is later in the day, I put her in the high chair and have her color.
  • Loading the player...
  • If he's not still sleeping when I shower, I let him watch TV/play in the living room. We have a really small house, so it's easy for him to come find me if he needs me.
  • He watches a show/dvd while I shower.  I used to try to get up before him to workout and then shower, but the 6ish wake up is too early for me!
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • I shower on our 2nd floor so no leaving her downstairs, who knows what she would get into.  For a while I was able to bring her in the bathroom and she'd play/explore while I showered quickly.  Now she knows how to climb in so that doesn't happen.  If I want to shower when we're home alone, it's got to be during nap time now. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • It's either during naptime or he plays in his crib with toys while I take quick showers.  
  • I shower before she wakes up or after she goes to bed.  Sometimes I'll hand her a drink and lock her in the bathroom with me.  She'll just empty out the vanity drawers and make a mess but it's pretty safe and on those days I shower quickly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I usually shower either during nap time or in the evening while DH is home, just because I like a little time to myself and not having to rush. If for some reason I need to shower during the day, then Evan is fine on his own for a little bit. I just make sure he has a show on and let him know I'll be in the shower. He usually wanders in the bathroom and plays w/ the shower curtain, playing peek-a-boo while I'm in there!
  • asleep on a good day, with the DH if it wakes before i get in- which has been a pretty regular thing lately. should make tomorrow interesting since DH is out of town.
  • Work days she's still asleep. On my days off (during the week) I usually jump in as soon as I hear her wake up-she occupies herself for awhile in her crib.  On weekends, depends what we're doing...sometimes DH watches her, sometimes its when she naps.
  • These are all great ideas! I may have to become a night time showerer just to have some alone time!
  • If I HAVE to shower while they are awake, I'll bring them upstairs with me and triple check the baby gate and put one more thing in front of the stairs and just let them play up there. They never play upstairs so they can keep themselves pretty busy for 5 minutes.
  • Before having the baby, I would put E in his crib with some books or in his highchair with a snack.  Now, I shower when DH is here...early in the morning if he has to work.  I have showered with the baby napping and E watching his tractor video and that works too.  We have a small house so it is pretty easy.
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I am working I shower before she gets up. If I am off then I will either shower when she is napping or if we have some where to be then while she is eating breakfast or watching Mickey Mouse. She is pretty good if I set her up on the couch with her milk and a show she likes with the gate blocking the kitchen to let me run to the bath room or change the laundry too.

• Chelsea is either in the bathroom with toys, in the playroom, in her bedroom, or in the living room reading. She is 3 and 1/2 though and very independent.

Molly is either napping, or in the bathroom with me playing with toys. Or I take my shower while DH is still home in the morning.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our shower is upstairs so I lock the gate and make sure anything she is not suppose to have is put out of reach.  I turn on her CD and she pretty much plays or reads in her room.  She will play in my room from time to time too.  She just brings toys in with her.
  • I make sure the outside doors are all locked so no one can get outside.  I put Tyler in the office playing computer games and Brianna in the master suite with me with the door childproofed so she can't get out.  I actually just bought a TV for my room so the kids could watch it while I shower.  I can't leave them together because they fight :-(  I am told the fighting is 100% typical and age appropriate but I swear they could seriously injure each other.  Of course 30 seconds later they are doing something to show how much they love each other.  It is crazy.  I wish I could shower before they get up, but I am so groggy in the morning as it is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"