May 2011 Moms
Options

Has anyone here read "Room"?

I read the whole thing in one sitting today. I couldn't put it down. It was amazing and haunting and very moving.

I'm sure that it would not have had such an impact on me before I was a mom. It was written from her son't point of view but I felt it from the mother's.

That's all I'll say. I don't want to spoil anything! But for those who haven't read it: it's a must!! 

Re: Has anyone here read "Room"?

• Options
    Always looking for a good read, so thank you. Author?
  • Options
    Yes, I read it!  LO was about two weeks old and I couldn't put it down, despite sleep deprivation.  I read it within 24 hours!  Oh, and to the previous poster, the author is Emma Donoghue.  I very much enjoyed the book.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejreese14:
    Always looking for a good read, so thank you. Author?

Emma Donoghue. Warning: it's very heavy (emotionally). Enjoy!! 

• Options
    I had it recommended to me, and it's on my list to read!
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    I listened to the audio book version on a work road trip last fall. It was excellent. Haunting, but excellent.
  • Options

Yes, I read it for book club this past Winter.

I loved it, but I felt like the ending was missing....something. I wanted to know more and perhaps that was the goal, but I still felt like it ended too abruptly.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I keep meaning to download it for my Kindle but forget every time I go to get a new book!  Thanks for the reminder; gonna buy it for my plane trip next weekend. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    imageLisa Frank:

Yes, I read it for book club this past Winter.

I loved it, but I felt like the ending was missing....something. I wanted to know more and perhaps that was the goal, but I still felt like it ended too abruptly.  

This is exactly how I felt. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    i've been looking for a new book, since I just finished The Help.  (which I LOVED!!!) thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"