October 2011 Moms

Blood pressure kinda low? Should I worry?

Ok I apologize in advance for another hypochondriacal post, but I worry myself too much and sometimes it helps to run stuff by you ladies :]

Lately I have been feeling very out of breath, dizzy at times, hot, and sweaty. I chalked all these things up to being in the 3rd tri. However yesterday at my growth ultrasound I started sweating and felt like I was gonna pass out. Today at my check-up my BP was low -- 102/87 which may not sound terribly low, but my norm is in the 120's - 130's over 80's - 90's. I was drinking as much as I normally do but that's not always as much as I should. Just checked my BP with my home monitor and it's 111/70. And I feel really out of breath again. Anyone have this happen to them? Am I just getting worried about nothing? TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Blood pressure kinda low? Should I worry?

• Did your Dr say anything about it? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. My last two check-ups, my BP has been "lower" -- 100-105/low 70s; however, my BP is normally 110-115/high 70s.

• no I wouldn't worry at all! I've had low blood pressure all through my pregnancy and the Doc says its good, better than having high blood pressure (thats when the worry starts) Doc said it means ill live to be over 100! HAha...as for the sweats and almost passing out the same thing has been happening to me recently, just yesterday i was taking off my boots and had a major dizzy spell so I just laid down for a bit, and it also happends when im standing for a long time, its like a wave of heat and I just know I gotta sit down or else I might black out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine is normally super low 98-112 for my top number. They just told me to be careful standing up too quickly. As for the SOB, sweating etc I find that when I haven't had enough water these symptoms seem to get worse. Also the SOB could just be because your lungs are getting squished. At you next appt I would mention the symptoms to your DR if they are still persistant or worrying you but try not to stress too much!

GL!

• I've had this over the last week, as well, with similar symptoms.  My lowest was 93/54 and I also had one 96/68.  I'm normally in the 110's/90's range. I have a dr appt tomorrow and will be going over the numbers with her to see what she says.
  • Many of the symptoms you're describing are typical for 3rd tri, especially the hot flashes/sweats, and shortness of breath. In pregnancy your blood volume increases which causes your blood pressure to typically be lower as your body doesn't have to work as hard to pump blood through your heart. While the number may be lower than normal for you - it is completely normal and acceptable when pregnant. Just try to make sure you are getting enough water - you don't want to get dehydrated! My BP typically runs 100-115/60-70 but at times has gone down to 87/54 and low 90's/mid 50's. The lower blood pressure can definitely cause some more lightheadedness so make sure to take your time sitting/standing.
    TTC #1 since 10/09: Dx:unexplained anovulation Cycle #1 8-9/10:Femara + TI = BFN Cycle #2 10/10:Femara + TI = BFP 10/19 - blighted ovum 11/3 Rest for 11/10 and 12/10 Cycle #3 1/11 BFP 1/29! Beta #1 = 175, Beta #2 = 498!! First u/s 2/14 showed heartbeat of 100bpm! EDD of 10/8/11 Adrian Cooper born 9/10/11 @ 36 weeks image
  • I wouldn't worry about it. My BP is normally low and that last 2 appointments it has been even lower than normal. My doctor isn't concerned at all. As for feeling really out of breath...I think most of us are at this point because the baby is squishing our diaphram and not allowing us to get a good breath. The doctor said when the baby drops, the breathing will get better.
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"