Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Need help with food

LO was great at purees, but about a month ago only wanted finger foods. He wants them, but won't actually eat them. I try 3x a day. He'll sit in his high chair, might take a few bites, but that is it. If he's hungry, he wants this milk. What's your feeding schedule like? I'm thinking I'm giving milk at the wrong time. How much milk/formula vs food are you giving. Sorry if this is a repeat question. I can't get him to eat. He does do better if we leave him alone in his chair vs. eating with us or us being with him.

Thank you!!!

Re: Need help with food

• Options
    We tried giving C some finger foods he could try to feed himself while still giving him a puree during that meal and it helped some. Good luck.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options

imageKitiara0364:
    We tried giving C some finger foods he could try to feed himself while still giving him a puree during that meal and it helped some. Good luck.

DD is still pretty good at taking purees - however - we do sometimes give both as well for distraction to get more food into her. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD started to refuse purees when she was 9 months and it took her a little bit to get used to finger foods and build up how much she would actually eat. We have also offered meals an hour or so after her formula. 
  • Options
    By 10 months we were offering a sippy of formula, about 6oz, with each meal instead of at a different time of day. The kids were drinking about 24 oz total and eating three good meals. I think if you just keep offering, he will catch on. If he seems really hungry but wont eat the finger food, it cant hurt to offer purees too. As long as he is happy and healthy try not to stress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"