Toddlers: 24 Months+

NYC for one day/night w/ 11 month old and almost 3 year old. Itinerary suggestions?

We are going up tomorrow and will be in the city by 9am or so. We are staying a few blocks from central park. first time up there with both girls, so hoping for it to be FUN and not overwhelming. Thinking about trying to spend most of the 1st half of the day at central park. Playing, eating, etc. Then go back to hotel for rest. Later walking around, shopping, and dinner out.

Our hotel is at 75th St. Anyone have suggestions on restaurants or other activities?

Thanks!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: NYC for one day/night w/ 11 month old and almost 3 year old. Itinerary suggestions?

• Central Park Zoo is supposed to be great.  American Girl Store  you can have lunch there too, Lego Store.
  • museum of natural history can be fun for a short period also.  And you can head out to the park (it is right next to central park) if you need a break.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imagekshoes:
    Central Park Zoo is supposed to be great.  American Girl Store  you can have lunch there too, Lego Store.

DD loves the Central Park Zoo, especially the penguins and the petting zoo. 

I would try to avoid the American Girl store lunch unless you can make reservations or have it in you to brave intense crowds. It's always a madhouse in there and I don't think DD is old enough to appreciate lunching there. Although she definitely likes visiting and seeing all the dolls.

For CP, we usually just pack sandwiches and picnic on the grass. There's an Au Bon Pain somewhere in the middle of the park, but it's kind of a pain to find. You could stock up on stuff at the Whole Foods in Columbus Circle (59th street, south-west end of the park) for a picnic.

DH says there are organic hot dog vendors in Central Park. I've never noticed them, personally.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Also, are you on 75th street on the west side or east side? The zoo is on the east side in the 60s and the Museum of Natural History is on the west side in the low 80s. You can't go wrong with either of those activities, but I'd say the zoo is probably a little bit better for younger kids, especially if it's nice outside.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Cabana is awesome...it's a Cuban/Spanish restaurant. I think on 60th street on east side. Also Dylans candy bar. Also on 60th street across from cabana..3floors of candy!!! On 3 rd avenue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"