Northern California Babies

2nd-time (or more) PG mamas, how do you stay healthy when your LO gets sick?

Obviously I can't avoid DS entirely, but this is twice now that he's gotten a minor cough/sniffles and it is SO much worse for me. Sad

I felt so bad yesterday (my one day to hang with him during the week); I had to skip our music class (when he was fully recovered and would have loved to go) and let him watch way more TV than I would normally allow.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2nd-time (or more) PG mamas, how do you stay healthy when your LO gets sick?

• Obviously during the day I had to take care of S, but as soon as DH came home, she was all his.  We just started the man-on-man defense early!  I figured that while I was pg, he could handle being sick better than me...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • The two biggest way I was able to keep my distance was TV and being outside.  I know it's not super appealing to be outside when you feel crappy but my kids always are up for playing (unless it's the flu and then all bets are off) and so I usually find a good book or take the laptop out and curl up in a comfy chair and just let the kids know I can't play as much as normal.  I also clean the door knobs frequently since kids little hands are sooooo gross, I probably should do it regularly during the winter but I only think about it when we're hit with a sickness.  I figure it's one of the things that everyone in the house comes in contact with so high likelyhood of passing crud along.  It's a good chance to teach the little ones about taking responsibility for not spreading germs themselves too, so more frequent hand washing, using a tissue and tossing it (garbage, not the floor Ick!) ect.  My boys are pretty fascinated with how the body works so when we're sick it usually turns into a little lessons on that aspect of how the body works and it's creates a nice diversion too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Salt rinses and sleep
    Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.
  • I'm not PG but lots of hand washing, anti--bacterial lotions, and lysol wipes (on EVERYTHING).  It works most of the time.
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"