Eco-Friendly Family

Dear kdello,

Remember that pampas grass you tried to save me from?

It's still in our yard.  DH paid some not quite professional landscapers to pull it out and they couldn't get it out.  They trimmed off all the leaves though (doesn't matter, they've grown back already) and figured out WHY they couldn't pull it up with their truck.  The people that planted it planted it ON TOP the stump/roots of a tree.  Yeah.  A tree.  I can't remember what kind right now... maybe hosta?  I'll take a picture and post it for you... after the pampas was so well trimmed, the tree started growing again.... it's over 6 feet tall with several leaves... so now the pampas and the tree are fighting with each other.  Fun stuff, huh?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dear kdello,

• and YGPM
  • Yep, called that one, lol. The pampas is probably really happy it got a trim so it can come back nice and healthy. Tell me again, why won't MR. SWB just spray it? $10 and you could be done with the tree AND the pampas. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagepapagena:
    and YGPM

thank you, sir, and ygpm back :)

• Wellll.... BEFORE, he wouldn't spray it because he just wanted it gone and so he wanted it to be a one step and done process.  (HA!) And now... we don't really want to kill the tree, because it's a great spot for a tree and why go to the trouble of planting a new tree when there's already a tree there?
  • imageSWBs Wifey:
    Wellll.... BEFORE, he wouldn't spray it because he just wanted it gone and so he wanted it to be a one step and done process.  (HA!) And now... we don't really want to kill the tree, because it's a great spot for a tree and why go to the trouble of planting a new tree when there's already a tree there?

Ok, you can use a selective herbicide applcation and kill the pampas without killing the tree, if you're careful. (I hate to be a chemical pusher, but really we've tried everything else and it doesn't work.) What kind of tree is it?

• you must PIP the tree.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"