Pregnant after 35

: ( Getting Induced On Friday and scared

Well had a ultrasound done yesterday to make sure If my fluids are fine, and they noticed that baby fluids are running low and baby girl being so far 8 pounds 4 oz as of yesterday, they say its best to induced instead of waiting, My belly has no more room for her, I'm praying she comes before Friday ,as Inducing scares me, All my others pregnancy were natural, no epidural, and I heard  when inducing, women tend to have long labors, more painful contractions,and ask for a epidural, and sometimes end up with a C-section because you labor to long..., and I have never had one, ladies send lots of labor dust my way, :)

I will keep you guys posted. have a great labor day week, as I will be having a LABOR day week 

Re: : ( Getting Induced On Friday and scared

• Good luck with everything and here is to hoping your baby girl decides to make an appearance before Friday!

Please let us know how you make out! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sending you good thoughts and easy labor vibes. 

I know we all hear horrible stories about inductions, etc...but there are plenty of ladies who have given birth with inductions, epis, etc...that went just fine.  Just like any other labor stories, you tend to only hear the really gruesome ones.

Stay positive - you and baby will be just fine. :)

Hope all goes well and baby decides to make a break for it before Friday!

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Loading the player...
  • If it makes you feel any better my sister was induced with my niece.  She said the contractions were intense but she went on to have an unmedicated birth past the pitocin.  My niece was 8lbs 8oz and 21.5 in long.  She went in at 8am started pitocin around 9 and my niece was born at 11:57pm that evening.  There was never any talk of c-section, they tried pusing drugs but she really wanted to have a natural birth.

It can be done.  It may be a bit more intense but if you have the right mindset and you have been through labor before and know what to expect there is still a chance to get what you want while being induced.

Sending lots of easy labor dust your way!  Can't wait to see pictures of that beautiful baby girl :)  So excited for you!!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh Shabbygirl I am SO excited for you!!!! I remember when I had my LO, now 9 weeks old, your husband was saying after looking at my LO he couldn't wait to have his little girl and now she's coming.

I can't speak for everyone and I won't even try, but I was induced and from the time the induction started and the time my LO arrived was 4 hours.  They say you can't trust a woman with more then 2 kids because labor can go fast.  I know when I was induced with my 1st child, my induction was 17 hours long (thank goodness not this time).

My thoughts and prayers are with you and can't wait to see the baby pics! My time is flying. 

• It can still be just fine!

I was induced at almost 42 weeks.  I went in for the cervidil the night before, and that was all I needed, it never even got to pitocin (or even an IV.)  I managed med-free other than the cervidil, and it was only an hour and a half from the time I felt the first clear contraction to giving birth.

It did hurt like a mofo, though.  That was probably because it was so fast more than anything else.

Did they tell you what process they are using?  Cervidil then pitocin the next day, or something else?  Are you effaced or dilated yet?  (I was only 1cm and not effaced when I went in.) 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • ladies  thank u all so much. im feeling so much better about all the stories i read. i wll give news the min i get a break after having Sierra. thank you. i so love this board amazing ladies
  • I don't have any words of wisdom but I am sending lots of labor dust your way and will be thinking of you on Friday.  Please keep us posted.
  • imagePeppernut:

It can still be just fine!

I was induced at almost 42 weeks.  I went in for the cervidil the night before, and that was all I needed, it never even got to pitocin (or even an IV.)  I managed med-free other than the cervidil, and it was only an hour and a half from the time I felt the first clear contraction to giving birth.

It did hurt like a mofo, though.  That was probably because it was so fast more than anything else.

Did they tell you what process they are using?  Cervidil then pitocin the next day, or something else?  Are you effaced or dilated yet?  (I was only 1cm and not effaced when I went in.) 

Last they checked 1 centimeters and 80 effaced that was last wk, I'm getting checked today hopefully more dilated and 100 effaced,i  will let you know. 

• Although the Pitocin may cause your contractions to spike a bit higher and be more intense, your body's reaction to it and how long you labor won't necessarily be tied to the PItocin at all.  Honestly, I had pitocin  to "move things along", and also chose to have an epi (I had planned to do so right from the start - I wanted a medicated labor experience - call me a wimp)-- but...as it happened, my epi wore off early, and never quite numbed me all the way - so I still felt all the contractions for about half the time.  They weren't fun, but - they were bearable.  If you are set on no meds, you can still go that route following the pitocin, if you want to.  I think the epi slows things down - so avoid it if you want.  :)
  • The fact that you are 80% effaced and already starting to dilate is a good sign. The cervadil may be all you need! And if you end up needing pitocin, the chances of you needing a c-section are far less since you are already ripened. 

I am an example of the situation you are fearing. Went in for an induction. Came out with a c-section. The reason for this was because I was 0% effaced and sealed up as tight as a drum when they tried to induce. THIS is the reason why the c-section rate is higher with induction. "failure to progress"--since you are already on your way, I don't think you will have that problem!

Excited for you. Happy Birth Day on Friday! 

Married 4/12/08 DS born 11/17/2009 via c-section at 39 weeks. 11/12/2011 BFP #2!! m/c 7w5d. 2/28/2012 BFP #3 Beta #1-12dpo = 18; Beta #2-16dpo = 185; Beta #3-18dpo = 505. EDD 11/10/2012. Ectopic discovered at 5w4d. D&C followed by methotrexate.
  • I was induced at 41w with DS1, and it was just fine.  Started the piton drip and antibiotics (I was GBS+) at 11:00 am.  Contractions started around 1:00.  Contractions REALLY started around 4:00.  Epidural by 7:00.  Baby by 9:25.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"