Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

When does the random crying stop?

Seriously, I have got to get a grip.  I'm fine at work, but at home it's a whole other story.  When does the random crying stop? 
Baby boy born in July 2012
2nd Baby due Feb 27th, 2015
 baby development

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: When does the random crying stop?

• Let me know when you find out. I'm holding it together most of the time, but I just randomly burst into tears occasionally. Hope you're doing as ok as you can be right now. (And also, just remember, you're allowed to cry. If anything was worth crying about, it's this.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think it does. :(  I'm sure it becomes less and less, but there's always going to be something that reminds you, or something someone says, or just a random moment when it hits. 

~M

TTC #1 since 4/10; Diagnosed with PCOS 11/10 by RE; BFP 6/11, heard the heartbeat twice. no heartbeat on 7/13/11, d&c the next day @ 9 weeks 2 days. BFP 1/30/12 from IUI, triplets confirmed at 6 weeks. Everything is great until I had pPROM, delivered the next day at 22 weeks 6 days. 1 was stillborn, 2 lived for a short time. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageblindvictory:
    Let me know when you find out. I'm holding it together most of the time, but I just randomly burst into tears occasionally. Hope you're doing as ok as you can be right now. (And also, just remember, you're allowed to cry. If anything was worth crying about, it's this.)

Definitely this. 
    Yeah... I'm not sure it will ever go away completely. 
    I am so NOT a crier in general... or at least, I wasn't... So, I have no idea how to handle this newly emotional version of myself. 

But, like BV said, it's ok to cry.  

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 
    BFP #3: 08/05/14  Chemical Pregnancy at 4w3d 08/06/14
    BFP #4: 10/02/14  EDD: 06/10/15  Miscarriage at 6w6d 10/22/14

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• I'm not sure that it does. It has been almost 2 months since my loss and I still start crying out of the blue sometimes. It's not as constant, but sometimes little things act as triggers that get me thinking about my baby. I often cry thinking about what could have been. For example, last weekend my boyfriend and I were shopping at Target and I caught glimpse of the baby section and burst into tears. All I could think was that I could/would have been 15 weeks and at least thinking about what stuff we would need to buy for our baby. For the most part I do okay, but every now and then I just cry which I think is all part of the healing process. All I know is that I will always love and miss my baby and I will always feel great sadness and disappointment in the fact that we never got to meet. It's gotten easier though as some time has gone by, so I suppose it makes sense to believe that it will keep getting easier and the crying spells may happen a lot less.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't know, today was my 1st day back at work and I did ok, but the second I walked out the door, I cried and I cried all the way home. But like Blind Victory said it's ok to cry about it. I've cried so much I rubbed the skin off of my right eyelid.
  • Thanks girls, on the bright side, I think my skin has gotten used to all the crying and doesn't turn bright red every time.   I had a super rough time this weekend after the D&C, but am hoping it gets easier with each passing day. 

Baby boy born in July 2012
    2nd Baby due Feb 27th, 2015
     baby development

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I don't know if it ever will... it will almost be 3 months since I lost my LO and it still hurts so bad.  ((((Big Hugs))))..... all these girls here are wonderful and we often cry together.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary   tickers
    "The truth IS that the days will be filled with an unending ache and the nights will feel one million sad years long for a while. Healing is attained only after the slow necessary progression through the stages of grief and mourning."
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Well, today was my first "good day" since we lost our baby two weeks ago...and by "good" I mean that I wore makeup, did my hair, and could stand to be positive for a day. 

Then I saw some stupid news about Beyonce being pregnant, and that was all out the window.  I don't even care about Beyonce.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I have known about my m/c since 8.16 so I have to say that whole week was filled with crying but then after that week it became more about what triggered me. I would have some "good" days. Today I went in to have my D&C and I have been a little emotional today. Like the other pps have said, it is important to let it out and cry when you need to.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • I def agree with all the previous posters.  My crying seems to be worst when I have no distractors (reality tv, friends, junk food) & it's quiet all around me.  There have been many nights when I'm lying in bed trying to sleep that all the tears come bounding out.  My first few days back at work also started with a 30-minute crying commute. 

Be gentle with yourself.  I know the desire to have these feelings & reactions go away, but I've been slowly learning that moving through the pain & tears helps me heal. 

Take care & know you're not alone!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I wish I knew. It's been a lil over a month since my missed miscarriage and I cry occasionally. Usually it's when seeing baby stuff on TV or I'm alone. It was hard seeing a friend of the fam have her baby 2 weeks after my MC. My in laws went to see the baby and I sobbed all morning. I am so happy for my friend, but it hurts. They came back raving about the baby and I couldn't bring myself to listen to them. They should know better since they had dealt with miscarriages themselves. I try to be strong, but sometimes my resolve comes crashing down. It happens, but I allow myself to grieve as long as it's not constant.
  • It doesn't :(
    We said goodbye on 4.28.11 (D&E at 18.5 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"