Pregnant after IF

I've always kind of wondered... (nb photos)

...why it seems that most everyone's newborn photos are in a very distinct style (knit caps, head propped up on hands, use of hammocks, etc.) but then my step-mom just gave me a book of newborn photos by Tracy Raver and Kelley Ryden.  I'm not sure if they started this trend or not.  I haven't really thought about this much until she gave me this, but how did you decide what kinds of photos you wanted to have taken?  Did you choose the photog based on their style of photos or just tell them what you wanted?  I'm thinking I want something more traditional, but I'm not sure.
TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I've always kind of wondered... (nb photos)

• We choose our photog based on her style.  I have more that aren't the common propped on his hands, knit hat, etc., but I don't have the digital images so I can't post them.  We didn't ask for specific poses we just let her do her thing because we liked her other pics and figured she's the professional. 

I think like most things newborn photography goes through trends, like a few years ago everyone had the pic of their naked newborn held in the Dad's hands. 

I would really look at the photog's portfolio and decide who you like based on that.  I usually knew immediately upon looking at a portfolio if I liked their style.   Some newborn photog's are much better with babies than others and you can really tell in their pics.

TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pretty much what YD said.  I was about the photographers style.  Not all do the same level of work.  I also wanted one that would sell/give the digital images.  Not many do that here in Houston.

I also like my photographers style of child photos too, so I hope to use her throughout the years.  And as it turns out, my photographer did IVF and her son and my son have the same name.  I felt a real connection with her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"