Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

period after a d&c

I had my d&c on August 4.  Based on your experiences, how long was it before you started your period? 

Re: period after a d&c

• Options
    I had my d&e on August 2nd. It has been exactly 4 weeks today, and  I have not gotten my period yet. I am really hoping it comes soon. My doctor wants me to go through 3 full cycles before we start trying again, and it seems so far away from now. I figure the sooner my period comes, the sooner we can start trying again. Most people say they start their period 4 to 6 weeks afterward. Good luck to you!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    After my first D&C it took 53 days for my period to come back. My doctor estimated it would take 4-6 weeks, but said 8 weeks is still within normal limits. I am crossing my fingers she is more punctual this time around. Fingers crossed for you :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I count myself lucky as AF returned 32 days after my D&C.  Everyone is different though.  My doctor said to expect it 4-6 weeks after the D&C.
  • Options

Mine came exaclty 6 weeks later.  It wasn't much different than before, except for heavy cramping the first 2 days.

~M

TTC #1 since 4/10; Diagnosed with PCOS 11/10 by RE; BFP 6/11, heard the heartbeat twice. no heartbeat on 7/13/11, d&c the next day @ 9 weeks 2 days. BFP 1/30/12 from IUI, triplets confirmed at 6 weeks. Everything is great until I had pPROM, delivered the next day at 22 weeks 6 days. 1 was stillborn, 2 lived for a short time. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I had my d&c July 9th and my period Aug 16th. My first AF was pretty normal.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had mine on July 27th and have not had a visit from AF yet. My doctor told me 4-6 weeks also but that I should have expected about a week of bleeding after the D&C. I spotted and bled for about 2 weeks. Next week I will be reaching that 6 week mark and hope that my period returns soon. We were told to wait two cycles so here's to hoping!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Baby #2 missed m/c and 8.5 weeks, blighted ovum with D&C. Baby #3, heartbeat at 5w5d, stopped growing at 6w3d. Rest peacefully my angels.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"