Secondary IF

Vent...

So I just have a little rant about something I found out today that kinda bugs me. DHs brother and my SIL have received a large sum of money from her mothers passing, and they have so far put it To good use by getting her an overly large pair of fake breasts. Now I have nothing against implants and I have considered them myself, but I'm a small B and she was a D to begin with. Now she looks like a triple F or more, it's absurd. But anyways... NOW they have decided they want children, and she is actually paying for fertility treatments bc she wants multiples!!!!! Umm...what????? I think I have Heard of ppl doing this before and I don't know how I feel about it.... I'm almost a little offended for some reason.....they haven't even given it a shot naturally, and she has no known IF issues. I'm usually not one to hate on others ESP family but this just seems way over the top to me. Rant over.
sweet baby boy ryan born 6/24/09
TTC since 8/09 . MC 1/15/10 @ 7w4d // 6/2/10 @ 8w2d
TTC with no menstrual cycle since 6/10, finally got one 8/25/11 :)
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Vent...

• That's crazy!  About the boobs and then about paying for IF treatments...didn't even know you can pay for that if you didn't really need it to begin with...I'd be ranting too if someone close to me went to those measures!
  • Wow...she sounds like a real gem.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, that seems a little nuts, plus I would think any respectable RE would interview them and say no way.  I dont think they are in the business to produce multiples just because someone wants that.  My old RE said my goal is one healthy baby and one healthy Mom.  Multiples can happen and we had to sign the paperwork admitting we knew it was a possiblity but I think if we walked in there with no IF issues and stated we wanted mulptiples he would have turned us away.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow, that all sounds a little crazy! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Indifferent 

Wow, and she will likely get to be a mom of one or more kids. How lovely for her. 

How sorry I feel for the kiddos. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • W-O-W.

I really hope the RE sends her packing.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    TTC since 6/02 (age 22) K/U instantly despite no AF for 5 months--preemie baby boy 1/03
    M/C 11/04 - M/C 05 - M/C 06 - BFP 2/08--fullterm baby girl 10/08 - M/C 4/11 - went to RE at age 31
    DX: crappy quality & infrequent ovulation, mild MFI
    Stimmed cycle #1 C/P 7/11 - Stimmed cycle #2 C/P 8/11 - Stimmed cycle #4 C/P 10/11
    On Stimmed Cycle #5
    Always thought I'd be a "mom of many"--now just hoping to be a "mom of one or two more!"
  • Hey K, it's K! :) LOVE the pictures of your little man in your siggy, too cute!

Wow.. that would irk me too, for sure. I've considered a boob job, I'm a B also lol.. But really? If my Grandmother passed and gave me any $ the last thing I'd think to do with it is get a boob job. I would most definitely put the money towards our IF efforts - but we've been trying for 14 months, and you said she hasn't even tried at all yet. It's very offensive.

I'm gonna w/b on FB right now, btw. :)

Unexplained Infertility
    Cycles #1-17 BFFN

IVF #1 was a success! BFP @ 5dp5dt (10dpo)

BabyFetus Ticker

My blog: www.alohakanoa.blogspot.com

• Heyyyyyy love!!!! I just got your message :). And yea I do my best to stay out of family drama onNicks side bc there is A LOT. But this blew me away. She seems to believe she's going to find a doctor who will agree to this. Unless you are in need of it~ I don't think it's right. Theyare a little cray cray to say the least. She hasn't even tried naturally for more than a monthaccording to her, unless the entire thing is just MUD and that wouldn't surprise me either. And as far as the boob job... I guess if I had the spare cash laying around I would do it too ;)
    sweet baby boy ryan born 6/24/09
    TTC since 8/09 . MC 1/15/10 @ 7w4d // 6/2/10 @ 8w2d
    TTC with no menstrual cycle since 6/10, finally got one 8/25/11 :)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"