Nurseries and Baby Gear

Orbit carseat users

was wondering if there was a good way to fit it into a shopping cart.  We've just been putting it in the big part of the cart, but then there is no place for the stuff we want to buy.  Is there something i'm missing?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Orbit carseat users

• Most car seat manufacturers do this purposefully, because it is considered unsafe to put the car seat on top of the cart. I either had to wear my baby in a wrap or wait until DH or I could go alone.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • You shouldn't put any car seat on top of the shopping cart, even if it does fit. It's considered extremely unsafe. No car seat is safety tested / approved to do this because there is no standard of testing for it. I have the Orbit and I put it into the large compartment of the cart, but I would do this with any seat. If I go with husband we push the stroller and the cart or two carts. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with everyone else so far...

NO carseat is "supposed" to fit on the seat portion of the cart.  It is dangerous and makes it top heavy.  Every time I see someone doing this at Target or the grocery store I want to scream.  (But I mind my own business.)  

Keep doing what you're doing.  

ETA: DH & I used to wear DD in the Ergo w/ infant insert to make room to shop.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • All the instruction manuals I have had for car seats (infant) have this in the warning section to not place the seat on the top of the cart (not sure about US), this is for all brands here. When lo was smaller, I either put the seat in the big part of the cart and put a basket underneath, put her in the Ergo, or put her fully reclined in the stroller (no car seat) and pulled the cart while pushing the stroller. Not as hard as it looks (even with the cart totally full).
  • imagegimmietimmies:
    All the instruction manuals I have had for car seats (infant) have this in the warning section to not place the seat on the top of the cart (not sure about US), this is for all brands here. When lo was smaller, I either put the seat in the big part of the cart and put a basket underneath, put her in the Ergo, or put her fully reclined in the stroller (no car seat) and pulled the cart while pushing the stroller. Not as hard as it looks (even with the cart totally full).

Orbit car seat docks into the stroller base so you can just put the car seat onto the stroller base (no need to move the baby around). I only go large grocery shopping with DH and we always use the stroller base. If I do go alone, it's usually just for a few items and for that I use a basket or put the car seat into the car itself. I wouldn't put the car seat onto the cart though.....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"