Attachment Parenting
Options

NAPR- Help, cute "Vumpire" costume ideas ::Edited-LIP

So, thanks to her Dora The Explorer Halloween book my sweet DD has proclaimed she wants to be "Vumpire" for Halloween. Seriously, the book is full of other cute costume ideas and she doesn't know what a Vampire is but she has been saying this for about a month and she's not the type who will forget by Halloween. I had her look through a Halloween costume catalog thinking she would choose something else but she had no interest in anything else.

I feel like I should just let her be what she wants to be but I don't really embrace the dark/scary side of Halloween. I don't have issues with the teenage goth/punk crowd but she's 2.5 not 15. And to be honest I'm not thrilled about taking her to her Halloween parade at pre-school and possibly getting the side eye for dressing her like a vampire. Also, I hate the Twilight/True Blood trend...

So, if she is going to be a vampire she needs to be the sweetest and friendliest vampire to roam about on Halloween. Ideas?? I'm not crafty but could probably get MIL to help with some very basic sewing.

Hmmm I just found this costume which would be less than $20. She probably wouldn't like the collar thing and w/ out it she would just look more like a Halloween princess. I'm sure she'd like the sparkly dress... https://www.costumecraze.com/VMPR53.html?c=googlebase,VMPR53

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: NAPR- Help, cute "Vumpire" costume ideas ::Edited-LIP

• Options

I don't think you need to go scary... red dress and a black cape is pretty standard. Maybe some red "jewels" and/or a crown type thing. Leave out the face paint, fake blood and teeth. 

ETA: And congratulations! I am rarely over here anymore, but I saw your new ticker and it made me smile for you. Big Smile

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm laughing at "the pretty standard" comment because I realize I don't know much about Vampires...except that I don't like them. I'm sooooo wimpy when it comes to scary stuff. A red dress is a good idea. Thanks and good to see you around!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

She'll be so cute!!

I think red dress/black cape or some variation is the way to go, and I also wanted to say congrats!!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageglasgow_girl:

She'll be so cute!!

I think red dress/black cape or some variation is the way to go, and I also wanted to say congrats!!!

Thanks so much!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"