Special Needs

DS loves rides :-)

We went to our state fair yesterday and took DS on rides! He LOVED it! We weren't sure if he would, but we were pleasantly surprised. He kept wanting to go on the same ride over and over and over, so we would prompt him when it was coming to an end and then tell him we would go on a different ride. He still had some crying fits, but when he realized we were going on a new ride he was a-ok. :-)  This really made me smile.   We did get some stares from people when DS would start throwing a fit at the end of the ride, but I didn't care! He was having so much fun and it made me SO happy!!!

Just wanted to share my excitement. :-)

Re: DS loves rides :-)

• That's awesome! 

We took our girls to the local amusement park yesterday -- DD1 loves the carousel at the zoo, but I didn't know how she'd handle anything more adventurous.

We had a similar experience to yours -- if we hadn't had to get home so DD2 could nap, I think she would've happily stayed all day going on the kiddie rides! She got a little nervous on a couple of the belly-dropping ones that we tried and said they were scary, but afterwards decided they were fun. :) 

Isn't it great to find something new that they like?? 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • We took DS to Busch Gardens, and he loved anything that was high and fast.  Put him on the slow-moving kiddie swings and he started crying.  His absolute favorite was the tea cups.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Rides are the BEST! Thank god for MOA in the winter! We went to the State Fair too this weekend- DS had an epic meltdown at the bottom of the big slide when I told him we could only go once. Actually no one seemed to care, I got a lot of sympathetic smiles from parents who have probably seen that tantrum before. DS loved the airplane ride too; this was the first time we let him go on rides by himself and he did great- I tried to jump in and help him unbuckle but he did it all by himself and followed the other kids out through the exit too!
  • imageMirandaHobbes:
    Rides are the BEST! Thank god for MOA in the winter! We went to the State Fair too this weekend- DS had an epic meltdown at the bottom of the big slide when I told him we could only go once. Actually no one seemed to care, I got a lot of sympathetic smiles from parents who have probably seen that tantrum before. DS loved the airplane ride too; this was the first time we let him go on rides by himself and he did great- I tried to jump in and help him unbuckle but he did it all by himself and followed the other kids out through the exit too!

We let DS go down the giant slide twice. He loved it sooo much the first time and actually  requested "more" I couldn't say no. He hasn't requested things so verbally, so I gave in. lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"