Pregnant after IF

Bedding opinion

I am going crazy looking at bedding...there are so many options, and I like so many different things.  One thing I am taking into consideration is that I will have a white crib and my glider is beige fabric.  So I am trying to find something that incorperates the beige but looks good with white.  My current fave is a variation of this (I would use the custom creator option and play around with what pieces the different fabrics go on):

https://www.babybedding.com/ideas/pom-pom-play-box-pleat

I would probably pull in some yellow (the sheet?) and then would paint the dresser we bought on craigslist a light yellow.  This would be for a girl room...do you think it's weird to do a girl room in blue and yellow???  I think the flower pattern makes it girly, but my mom keeps making comments about a blue girls room :)

After 2+ years and multiple treatment cycles,
including an IVF vacation in Costa Rica/Panama,
IVF #2 brought us our miracle baby!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise!  Baby Boy is on the way!

Re: Bedding opinion

• That bedding is gorgeous!! I don't think it's weird to do girls rooms in blue and yellow at all. I think with a yellow dresser and the floral pattern, it will end up being very girly!
    After TTC with IR PCOS:
    April 2011: Metformin 1500mg + Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + Prometrium = BFP!
    Beta #1 at 14DPO: 197 Beta #2 at 18DPO: 1296
    At 40w6d, our Team Green surprise came by unplanned C-section and changed our lives forever!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love it! I don't like things that scream "baby", and this doesn't. It's very classy.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Loading the player...
  • I think the bedding is really cute- I think the floral makes it definitely girly. The blue and yellow sounds like it could be pretty feminine depending on the accents you add.

After 2 1/2 years TTC, 3 IUI's, endo, and a lap, a surprise BFP brought us Alexandra Marie!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love it!!!  And I definitely think it's girly!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love the fabric choice there, it's beautiful!  The floral pattern definitely makes it girly.  I have gotten a lot of comments since we painted the nursery blue, even after we knew we were having a girl.  I like blue, it's calming and serene, and even though this shade is nearly a periwinkle I still get flack for it. 

We're doing her room in pale blues, greens, and yellows with a lot of white as well.  I love it and it's neutral enough that should we have another we can still use everything.  I figure we have plenty of time for bright pinks when we move her to her big-girl room.  :)

• Oh my word!!  I love that.  FWIW the walls in our nursery are a light blue.  We're not painting them and like the way it looks.  Not all nurseries need to be pink.
  • I love it! And the color scheme is awesome for a girl room.
  • I absolutely love it. It's perfect!
  • I love that!  I think if you paint the room yellow or green it would be more girly.
    Diagnosis: DOR and MFI-low everything IVF #1 = triplets! 2 girls and a boy! Born Sept 29, 2011 at 32w6d due to Pre-e and HELLP syndrome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love that bedding!  I think little girl rooms in light blue and yellow are cute.
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4162415

This is the bedding for my daughter's room - similar colors to yours. We did one wall green, one yellow, 2 white and white trim. White crib and dresser. beige glider, and the dresser has one top drawer face green and one top drawer face pink. I'm incorporating a few pink decorations to tie it in and add a bit more of a girly touch. I love your bedding choice. If you want to girly it up more, you could bring in another color (maybe a light purple if you don't want pink) or work with girly patterns for decorative touches. 

SAIFW
  • That bedding is beautiful!!  I think your color choices are great, too!!

Stopped BCPs December 2008 TTC since June 2009 6 unsuccessful Clomid cycles Dx Annovulatory due to PCOS January 2010 DH-perfect 4 unsuccessful IUIs Began Lupron July 7 for first IVF IVF cancelled; overstimulation and coasting lead to huge drop in E2 New testing with an Endocrinologist...perhaps a new diagnosis... So, not PCOS but Hashimoto's Thyroiditis November 2010 After a looong break, started seeing a new RE. Gearing up for IVF 1.2. Beta 1=197!! BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I would say its girly!!  GL.
    Michelle
    Blythe Elizabeth is here March 27,2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"