Blended Families
Options

Talked to a girlfriend this weekend.

So I'm not the only one who has family drama.  A friend of ours has a brother who just got out of jail and tried to commit suicide, and then threatened their sister's life who found him and saved him from dying. He came out of his coma furious and said next time he's going to kill her and then himself.  He was so mad at her.  He's in a psych ward now. 

Her other sister has been living with her and her DH this summer. She has two teenage kids.  One's diagosed ADD and the other is mildly autistic.  She gets $1000 a month from the state, and $1000 from her ex. She does nothing and drinks it away and ignores her kids who basically spend all day every day in the basement laying around watching tv and playing video games.   My friend is kicking them out of her house this week.

So after telling me all this, I ask her how she does it.  She told me that I can't feel guilty about SD and that for years I have been too kind, and too caring, and doing all I can for DH and his kids - it's time to stop. She said all that you've been saying- someone here said the very same thing this past week in fact - how they are adults now. They make decisions and choose to treat you the way they treat you and if this is how they want to be..then F 'em. You did right trying, and you tried hard but it's not working. So quit, and don't you dare feel bad about it because they are not going to change. It's now on them.

So today I stop feeling guilty, and angry, and hurt.  Today I stop all those thoughts before they get started.  Today is the day that I move forward.  I've got my mantra going.  This time it's gotta stick.  My life, is MY life again.

Re: Talked to a girlfriend this weekend.

• Options
    I'm glad you are letting go & starting new. I hope your dh jumps on board with this happy train & doesn't ruin it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"