Tennessee Babies
Options

Pediatrician suggestions for Chattanooga area?

I'm due in October with my first, and I still haven't found a pediatrician. I figured that suggestions from other moms would be the best source for this information since you've had firsthand experience. 

Could you please suggest a pediatrician - or even warn of a not so good one. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pediatrician suggestions for Chattanooga area?

• Options

I take my 1 year old daughter to Highland Pediatrics on Hixson Pike.  They have a great group of doctors.  Hope that helps!

• Options
    Thanks for the recommendation!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We see Dr. Josh Smith at Pediatrics Diagnostics.  They have a office at Memorial and one at Gunbarrel.  Two others that I've heard really good things about are Dr. Tigger at Erlanger East (Galen Group) and Dr. Jing or Jung (she's next to East Ridge Hospital).  HTH!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Where do you live?  Both my OB and friends have told me the most important thing is to find someone you like near your house!  I live in N. Chatt and we're considering who have been recommended by my girlfriends with little kids:

-Highland Pediatrics (Dr. Coffman, they have an open house on the last Thurs. of each month, next one is 9/29, call to RSVP)

-Galen Pediatrics North, by Northgate mall (Drs Wiley, Shumaker, Burroughs, Brannon have all been recommended)

-Pediatric Diagnostic Assocs. (Dr. Fridell, near Memorial Hospital)

If you live out East, this probably won't be much help but some PP have ideas in that area.  Good luck!

Married May 9, 2009, Fall Creek Falls State Park, Tennessee Male factor infertility, BFP after two failed IUIs and one IVF image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options

I actually live in Rossville, GA - but Its a fairly quick drive to most places. 

I'll have to look into all of these suggestions. 

• Options
    I grew up going to Highland Pediatrics and was still a patient there up until last summer (they allow college students to continue seeing them until they turn 22). I have memories of getting shots and trying to hide under chairs, having a hearing test performed, being tested for strep multiple times (ugh to swabbing the tonsils), and all the typical things that happen at a pediatrician's office. As I got older, visits weren't so traumatic and it was actually kind of nice catching up with the doctors who had watched me grow over the years. Definitely recommend them! 
  • Options
    Pediatrics Diagnostics are amazing! I actually used Dr. Mary Beth Carter until I was too old to use her and my daughter has been using her for about 8 years! we love the entire group!!! Dr. Rawlings, Dr. Smith.. ALL of them you will love. The staff is wonderful to work with as well! I am pregnant with my second one and will be going to them of course!   =)   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"