High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Do doctors really tell you things just to scare you or....

are they really serious about what they are telling you?  One of my friends who is an OB nurse shared with me the other day that some doctors tell you things that you may not need to necessarily worry about and some don't tell you things you really may need to know.  My concern about doctors is that they test you for stuff but they don't bother telling you results unless you ask them.  Just like they tested me again for GBS but the doctor was so worried about my gestational diabetes that she didn't even mention that my cultures came up positive again. :(  I asked her about what was it they were testing me for and she told me by state law they had to test me for gonnarhea and chylamidia (sorry about spelling) (weird)  i said okay well what was the results and she said they were all good but they came back with a positive result for GBS.  I asked her when was you going to tell about this and she just said well i was planing on telling you.  I thought they were just checking my cervix, but I guess they were doing more than that. My nurse friend told me yeah they have to do that so that's okay by me. Just two more weeks to go through this and my LO will be here.

Re: Do doctors really tell you things just to scare you or....

• Options

I had a scare from my perinatoligist. He said that they saw some air bubbles in the clear space behin babys neck, which could lead to trisomy 17 or some crazy thing. He then tells me it's probably nothing but sometimes does lead to it. So I am going bat sh*t crazy like what's going on with my baby. I think they legally need to tell you their findings even if it's not serious. So it turned out to be nothing but of course until the next appt I was sitting there freaking out every day wondering if my baby is going to be mentally challanged.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

No one can speak for your personal doctor.  Most doctors do not tell you things to scare you.  It's their duty to inform you and assist you in making medical decisions with all of the information available.  Sadly there may be some who use "scare tactics" but they are likely few and far between.

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I honestly can say my doctor doesn't test for anything without telling me first and going over what she would like to do if a problem does arise and she will ask me what I would want to do out of the options and she supports me.

Doctors, when you have Diabetes, go out of their way to scare you. My OB said that and so did my Endo, but they told me what I really needed to know so I can help myself. And when someone says some crap to me, like my mom who's a doc, that this and that isn't okay, I tell her, she's not an OBGYN or an Endo and she really doesn't know what she's talking about.. (my mom's a ped if you wanted to know)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"