Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

third loss

Hi,

I mostly lurk on here, but I just had my third miscarriage last night(the first was years ago at 8 weeks, the second was in February at 5 weeks, and this on Friday at 8 weeks).  I have an amazing DD who was born between my first and second losses.  Part of me says that proves that I can have a healthy baby and so I should keep trying, and the other part of me worries that she was my miracle.  Any tips on what to ask to help me make my decision? I have an appt tomorrow, but since I haven't had 3 losses in a row, my insurance won't pay for any testing.

I think I'm just so overwhelmed at going through this again that I can't think straight, and DH can't take off to go with me so it'll just be me.  Sorry if I'm rambling.

BFP #1: m/c at 8 weeks; BFP #2: DD born 6/9/09; BFP #3 m/c at 5 weeks; BFP #4 m/c at 8 weeks, D&E; BFP #5 DS born 8/12/12

Re: third loss

• I don't really have any advice for your appointment tomorrow, but I wanted to say that I am sorry for your losses.  I hope you find the questions you need to ask, the answers you are looking for and make peace with whatever you decision you end up making.  T&P
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am so sorry for your losses.  I heard through the grapevine that if you can get a doctor to say that testing is medically necessary, the tests can be done & paid for by insurance.  This is what DH & I have done for a few things that have come up that weren't covered.

I know every insurance & policy is different, but I hope you're able to get the answers you want!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageSeaBlue73:

I am so sorry for your losses.  I heard through the grapevine that if you can get a doctor to say that testing is medically necessary, the tests can be done & paid for by insurance.  This is what DH & I have done for a few things that have come up that weren't covered.

I know every insurance & policy is different, but I hope you're able to get the answers you want!

First I am very sorry for your loss.  

I had heard the same thing as seablue.  If anything happens next time I am hoping I can get the doctor to start testing.  IMO no one should have to wait for this to happen three times in a row.

imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • So sorry to hear about your loss. I'm kinda in the same boat, I've only had two losses in a row and wondering if I can/should get testing done. GL on your appt.
    Diagonsed PCOS TTC since May 2009
    First M/C December 2010 Second M/C August 2011
    Oct 2011~Second round clomid 50 mg; BFN
    Nov 2011~Third round clomid 50 mg: BFP
    Dec 11- Beta #1 91;Dec 13- Beta #2 186.2
    Dec 27- third miscarriage
    May 25th- Beta #1 369;May 27th- Beta #2 798
    Baby girl born Jan 23, 9lbs 3oz, 21 1/2" long
    May 27th-Beta #1 80; May 29th- Beta #2 304; May 31st- Beta #3 860
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • This is unbelievable to me. Why woul a doc make someone go through this 3 times before doing anything. I am on my second loss ending in m/c. I had a c/p before those 2. Thank god I saw an RE for my last u/s that said this one was going to end in m/c as well. He said we could do all the testing we. wanted. I hope u ladies can some answers as well. So sorry for your losses. I wish none of us had to be here.
    DS is 3 years old* BFP#1-12/30/11, CP-1/6/11* BFP#2- 1/31/11-missed M/C at 9 weeks-3/9/11, D&C-3/14/11* BFP#3-7/13/11-M/C at 10 weeks-8/26/11, D&C -8/29/11* BFP#4-10/31/11- Beta at 10DPO-19, Beta at 12DPO-118, RE recommended heparin 2X daily and progesterone 2X daily. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Praying this LO keeps growing!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"