Adoption
Options

Has anyone else in Canada adopted through CAS?

We filed our questionnaire with our local CAS a few days ago and they called us back and told us we have an info session to attend on wednesday night... very exciting! Can anyone give me any pointers on what to expect and how long the process takes?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Has anyone else in Canada adopted through CAS?

• Options

We are waiting for a match.  I live in Wellington county, Ontario.  It was more than a year from application to having our home study signed off to be ready.

Other regions are much faster though, where are you?

In the spring & fall they do a "resource exchange" in Toronto, profiling children.  It's pretty heavy though, I don't think we'll go to another.

I don't know what else to tell you?  Page me or ask me Qs any time.  There aren't many CDNs here, especially adopting from CAS, so it'll be nice to have someone to chat with.

:) 

Left, Right
  • Options
    Oh so you're kinda near like Guelph?  Cool! I'm in Brockville, which is about an hour south of Ottawa... actually, it's kinda small... our CAS from what I understand only has one adoption worker, so I am guessing the process will be a while for us too... probably for the best tho... we need to clean up our home bigtime... I moved into my husband's family home when we got married and it's a disaster... his father was a hoarder... luckily, it's only contained to the garage. We are gong to our first info session meeting on wednesday night.....so awesome to meet you, thanks for the heads up on the timeline  and everything... I have no idea how to add friends on here or ask questions on ppl's profiles, so if you wanna add me or u can add me to facebook if u want... thanks again! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am from the US but adopted DD from Canada. It took forever...... We adopted from foster care in Maple Ridge B.C.. DD was 26 months when we finally brought her home.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"