Preemies

? for Reflux Mama's

Ds is about 11 months actual and 7 adjusted.  He is getting too tall for his swing and too active for his FP RNP.  What do you do w/your reflux babies?  TIA

Re: ? for Reflux Mama's

• During the day, Andrew spent almost all of his time on the floor.  We were trying to build his strength as much as we could! 

At night, at that age, Andrew slept in his crib (he rolled to his belly).  Later we elevated his bed at one end to help with reflux.

• It's frustrating as he's been sleeping in a flat crib for months and the reflux just recently has flared up again and we've had to elevate his crib again.  I'll try the floor more.  I'm 8 months pregnant so it's hard to get him down there.  
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebeyoga:
    It's frustrating as he's been sleeping in a flat crib for months and the reflux just recently has flared up again and we've had to elevate his crib again.   

Is he on meds?  My b/g twins both had reflux and we would usually have to up their meds as they gained weight/it seemed worse.

Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • imagemrs_sexy:

imagebeyoga:
    It's frustrating as he's been sleeping in a flat crib for months and the reflux just recently has flared up again and we've had to elevate his crib again.   

Is he on meds?  My b/g twins both had reflux and we would usually have to up their meds as they gained weight/it seemed worse.

ditto this if you haven't looked into it!

• Yes he's been on meds since he came home.  He's been on prevacid.  The pedi started him on zantac as well and that doesn't seem to do anything.  We go tomorrow to our neonatal follow up clinic.  They said they should be able to get it under control.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"