Natural Birth

XP: Prenatal Yoga DVD?

This is a repost from P&CE

I started taking a class but it's just not convenient for me to do on a regular basis and I wasn't jazzed about the instructor so I would like to get a prenatal yoga DVD. Amazon seems to sell a million of them. In my quick search, I highlighted on Element: Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga with Elena Brower and Crunch's Yoga Mama with Susan Elkind. Can you recommend either of these or a different one?

I've done yoga pre pregnancy but I still consider myself a beginner (and also, not too bendy!). Also, I'm not looking for anything too spiritual. And I would like something that can be done in third trimester that can help with my sore back and get my body prepped for an attempt at natural labor...

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Re: XP: Prenatal Yoga DVD?

• I've taken classes with Elena Brower in person here in NYC since 2003 (not just pre-natal) and that's the DVD I buy for all my pregnant friends.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like the Yoga Mama from Crunch.
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I got one from Netflix. I can't really say if it was any good, as I'm not really a yoga pro, but if you have Netflix it might be worth a try.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've tried both and I am no where near experienced in Yoga but the Crunch video seemed like an easy start to yoga for me. Netflix has some that stream live and some you can order to home. If I order one to come in the mail I don't like I always end up putting in one of the two you have listed! I would recommend alternating both and if you have netflix, play around with some new ones every week, even some different kinds of prenatal work out dvd's add some variety and fun! I've had my fiancee do some of them with me and it always turns into a laugh fest! Have fun!
  • I bought this one.... :)  I like it, it shows moves for all three trimesters....

Prenatal Yoga with Shiva Rea

It isn't difficult though so if your looking for a challenge this isn't it... It is  relaxing for me Just what I was looking for!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"