High-Risk Pregnancy

GD - 1 hr after dinner was 192!

One hour after dinner my BS was 192.  I ate exactly what I was supposed to but added a few apple slices (maybe 6) as my fruit.  I've never done apples on this diet so maybe it was the apples?  I'm freaking out and trying to walk around the house and walk in place to bring it down.  Advice? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GD - 1 hr after dinner was 192!

• Did you wash your hands and test again? Whenever I get a really unusual reading I always retest. Some with GD can't handle any fruit, so you might cut that out if you get another high number.
  • Definitely what PP poster said.  I got a 152 once - freaked me out.  I retested and it was like a 107 or something.  I always retest if I get a crazy number.

When you say you added a few apple slices, was that on top of your carbs for that meal or part of your carbs?  Six apple slices is probably about a whole serving of carbs (depending on size).  If it was in addition, that could be why.  If it was part of your carbs, that might just be a food you react too, sugar-wise. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

• Loading the player...
  • The apples could have done it depending on the size. For me 1 fruit serving was an apple I could fit in my hand (so the typical Gala/Granny Smith/Reds are about 2.5-3 servings). 6 big apple slices could have had too many carbs for the meal.

1 high number won't cause you harm so try not to worry too much. If my sugars were high I would walk around and drink a ton of water to flush the sugar from the system.

• What else did you have with the apples?  I am supposedly allowed fruit at dinner too but I found that it doesn't work so well for me at night and I actually moved it to my morning snack.  Do you usually eat fruit with dinner?  Obviously apples will affect your BS more than strawberries.  Walking should help bring it down.  Water will help.  And I agree with pps...retest!  Sometimes you just don't have enough blood on the strip or something goofed it up.  I got a 175 on time and then 20 minutes later I retested (after a long freaking out cry session) and it was 103!  So obviously something was wrong with the first test! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Yah what all did you eat? Are you on meds? I find at night that the only carbs I can tolerate are whole grains. Pasta, rice, bread, but MUST be whole grain. If you had any white carbs then that will totally spike. Fruit on top of other carbs could do it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"