March 2011 Moms

Switching to Generic Formula

(FB repost)

has anyone switched from namebrand to generic formula? if so, how did you do it? we're using Good Start and i'm thinking of switching over to the Target brand formula. we've been lucky enough not to have any food issues with addy but i'm just wondering if we should just start a new tin of the generic formula or mix some target brand with some good start until she gets used to it. what worked for you?

Bre Wrties

Re: Switching to Generic Formula

• We just recently switched from Similac sensitive to Target brand equivalent and I did do some mixing of the two for the first few feedings--probably like 4 bottles or so.  She did totally fine with the switch.  Good luck!
  • DD uses similac sensative when I have coupons and checks, otherwise she uses the target equivalent, it doesn't bother her to switch.
  • Loading the player...
  • We switched form GentleEase to Walmart's Gentle brand.  No problems.  I agonize over every decision and then he is completely fine with the outcome!!  The generics are supposed to be the exact replica nutritionally.  Good Luck! 

oh and we weaned.. like half Gentle Ease, half Walmart for a while.  IT didn't matter!  he did fine!  Walmart Gentle is 14.88 for a large can vs GentleEase which was 22.37. 

• We switched from Enfamil to Sam's Gentle formula. DS was acted like his stomach bothered him for about a week (mostly just more spit up, but I don't think it actually sat funny, just was different), and then he was fine. DS was about a month/ month and a half when we made the switch. GL!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"