Blended Families

Uhhhh...Kindergarten orientation fail

***on my phone, no paragraphs sorry**** We took SS to kindergarten orientation yesterday. We all got smooshed in the multipurpose room like sardines. Fun times. Anyway, we were the youngest (looking) ppl in the bunch. I got some snooty stares from some high an mighty 30 something's. That wad nice ;-). Guess I should have expected it. DH was 19 when SS came along. Anyway, BM an superdouche showed up about 20 min late. I haven't seen/spoken to her in about 2 months. She has lost SO much weight she looks like a skeleton. She was thin before, but her face is just gaunt now, she looks quite ill to be honest. Superdouche is a douche. SS was running past them as we were going to his class, and SD grabbed him and SS started screaming. Not just playful happy squeals, literally SCREAMING for dad. DH grabbed him from SD and BM had this bitchy look on her face and loudly saying 'SS you can come to us too! You don't have to be with THEM!'. DH and I walked away as quickly as possible. She was starting a scene and I wasnt about to go there. DH had SS hand and he leaned down and said 'SS you can go see your mom' (he had already said hello and given her a hug, that wa prior to the SD incident). SS just walked ahead and said he didn't want to. BM an SD were about 2 ppl behind me (we had the babies so I had the big double stroller, I was holding d bc he had woken up and wanted to be held). Someone next to me said something like 'wow all these babies! Lucky you!' and I smiled and just said 'oh yes I'm very blessed'. I hear BM say 'she doesn't deserve those babies. I should have babies not her'. Pretty dang loudly. I was really embarrassed. We left the classroom to go outside and see where line up was. BM yelled for SS in the hallway an she picked him up and was saying 'you are really pissing me off today, really pissing me off!' he kept saying 'put me DOWN mom!'. Finally got outside and showed him where to line up and thank God it was over. What a lovely day. We got in the car and SS was ina bad mood. I asked him 'dude what's your deal what's w the attitude? Better drop it quick'. He folded his arms and he said 'my mom embarrassed me!'. I didn't even know he knew that word much less what it meant and be able to articulate that feeling out loud. Anyway, fun times. Fun times. I hate that it was like being on pins and needles the whole time. It was supposed to be a fun happy experience, and it was full of anxiety and stress. Well, hopefully Monday goes better.
Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."

Re: Uhhhh...Kindergarten orientation fail

• Wow!  What a time you had there!
    In a positive way, at least you were the one who looked like the responsible parent-with the comments 2 rows back. 

I hope the rest of the school year goes better and that SS was able to calm down amidst everything!

Here's to a better Monday for ya!

• I had four by the time I was 25.  Ah, those were the days. I lived through the looks.  I get them still when I say that I have grandkids (before I was 40, tyvm!)  Everyone thought Kiddo was my kid when she lived with us.  Her friends' parents were my age and I was Grandma.  I miss those days.  Only sometimes.  Wink

The one caveat of the whole post I'd say is that I think it would have been pretty obvious that he was upset at how things were going and his mom and SD were pretty darn abusive toward him.  He's still little and he's going to exhibit exasperation or frustration or whatever emotion.  Let him and let him know you know why he's "copping an attitude."  I hope you were able to let him vent a little before you told him to chill on his behavior.  And then I hope you were able to "talk him down" if you know what I mean.  If it was frustrating to you, just imagine how it was for him.  Poor little guy.

His mom and SD are real champs.  Glad he has you and his dad in his corner.  He's as blessed as you are.  :)

Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • SD was playing when he picked him up. You know when you grab your kid and twirl them around or throw them in the air? It wasn't aggressive, but SS flipped. - as for the attitude, I wasnt sure why he was having one, till he explained it was bc his mom embarassed him. After he said that, I told him his mom just loved him and wanted to see him (I wasn't trying to scold him for his feelings, I just didn't know if he was mad we made him get off the playground to go home. Didn't include in op sorry. It was 110 out and we were all sweating like pigs).
    Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • WOW that is really messed up! She SAID that OUTLOUD!? What a whackjob! Good job keeping your composure. 

:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Poor guy.  Hope he's having a good day today.  She deserves to be locked up.
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • Wow, I  know I'm not mother of the year but to tell a 5 yr old you are pissing me off is sooo wrong. She sounds like maybe she's on some drugs. I don't have any advice just stay strong for lil man.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know you're not at liberty to discuss details but based on BM's significant weight loss and erratic behavior, have you all considered that she may be on drugs? Cause that's the impression I got.

You don't have to say either way, just another thing to think about... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Wow, how awful! Way to introduce yourself to the new school and teachers, BM! I think your SS said it best - she was a complete embarassment.

Oh yeah, and it looks like she's high, I agree with PP's.

• Wow, that is horrible.  Do you think it would have gone better if you stayed home?  I am not saying you should not have been there but just wondering if BM would have behaved better and made it easier on SS?  I am thinking this is just the beginning and your poor SS is going to have a very rough time (and therefore all of you) if this continues.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • imagekarleegirl:
    Wow, I  know I'm not mother of the year but to tell a 5 yr old you are pissing me off is sooo wrong. She sounds like maybe she's on some drugs. I don't have any advice just stay strong for lil man.

I think she is a horrible mother but I will admit I have said that to my 4.5yo, it does not take a drug addict to make that comment...I have never in my life done drugs.

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • I am sorry it turned out like that.  Is BM on meth? That was my first thought, when you said she look sickly skinny,

I was 19 when I had my son, so I know the looks you are talking about!!  A few years ago I took my son to a football game and someone referred to him as my boyfriend.. LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"