Special Needs
Options

sensory issues question

My Daughter's PT came over today. The PT has only met my daughter twice, the PT thinks she has sensory issues. The PT said that there are too many signs that she has sensory issues. Such as...DD will crawl over a curb vs walk over a curb (at 21 months) My DD loves book, and rather read a book then play with toys (not always),  Also around a 5:00 pm my daughter just like to be held and cuddled.   I think a lot of it is personality vs sensory.  HELP, should I took to the pedi??

BTW,  She has low tone. 

Re: sensory issues question

• Options
    My son has SPD & it was first noticed by his therapists. They actually saw signs within the first 15 min of our initial evaluation but his is fairly severe. Did your PT do the longr sensory questionare? That would be the first step & depending on what she scores it will tell you a lot. DS had a lot of behaviors that I just thought were little quirks that were in fact symptoms of his disorder. SPD can be tricky to diagnose but as a parent I think it is hard for us to see because we are so close to the situation. If your PT hasn't already, ask her to do the survey & then take those results to the pedi. I know our pedi described most of my son's symptoms as "behaviors" which pisses me off so there are definitely some pedi's that aren't in tune with SPD. Is her low tone caused by something known? Hypotonia can be a symptom of SPD as well, so that is something to keep in mind. Please let me know if you have any other questions!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"