Single Parents

Involve Baby Daddy or Not?

Baby Daddy and I had been dating about four months when we found out I was pregnant.  He would not even talk to me about the pregnancy - and I harassed him for six weeks before I finally exploded.  We then pretty much broke up and I had the ultimatum of picking between him and the baby.  This was all back in December/January.  Well - I chose baby and now I have a beautiful just over 4 week old.

The question is... do I even tell BD about him?  We have had no contact in 6 months - and he doesn't even know the sex of the baby and was absolutely no support during the pregnancy.  I didn't put BD on the birth certificate and have not asked for child support.  

Would anyone out there contact him or just let it go?  Thanks! 

Proud Mom to Baby Griffin!

Re: Involve Baby Daddy or Not?

• You know you are about to get flamed, right?   Babby daddy is derogatory.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imager9stedt:
    You know you are about to get flamed, right?   Babby daddy is derogatory.

In her defense, if she hasn't lurked this board much, she might think BD really stands for Baby Daddy. When I first started visiting this board, I thought that what it stood for. Embarrassed

Anyway, to the OP, he knows you were pregnant and I'm assuming he knew when you were due so he should know he's got a child now. I say it's up to him to contact you and until he does, I wouldn't even worry about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with Christine, even on the meaning of BD. Until now I thought it meant baby daddy.

But I would just wait for him.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It is not that big of a deal that she said "baby daddy." That's what I always thought it stood for until someone got their panties in a bunch about it and made a big stink.

Anyway, I would file for child support at least. He probably won't bother filing for visitation.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Okay, how about this?  It is simply TRASHY and LOW CLASS to refer to your child's 'father' as baby daddy.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • imager9stedt:
    You know you are about to get flamed, right?   Babby daddy is derogatory.

Well he seems like the type of guy who deserves a derogatory term...

Anyway, I'd probably send him a text or e-mail about the baby/when LO was born/etc. If he doesn't respond, that's his problem. But at least then you'd know that you attempted contact just in case he was interested in meeting LO. 

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sorry - I did think BD was Baby Daddy.  That is one thing I do struggle with on the board are all the abbreviations everyone uses.  Is there a key to these somewhere?  I can't read some posts because I don't necessarily know what people are saying!

To those of you that responded, thanks!  I really like this Board - makes me feel less alone. 

Proud Mom to Baby Griffin!
  • imagejdavies71:

Sorry - I did think BD was Baby Daddy.  That is one thing I do struggle with on the board are all the abbreviations everyone uses.  Is there a key to these somewhere?  I can't read some posts because I don't necessarily know what people are saying!

To those of you that responded, thanks!  I really like this Board - makes me feel less alone. 

There are a lot of abbreviations. BD is typically baby daddy and more of us use the term DB for deadbeat or douchebag.  I sometimes say SD which stands for Super Douche.  Baby daddy sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me, but that's just my opinion.  I also hate the term "prego" that some people used on the TTC board.

Anyways, I would file for CS, if you want to let him know when LO is born that's up to you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I may feel like calling mine bf for baby's father - cause i don't think he's daddy material.  if i feel like saying baby daddy i mean it like sperm donor - if he wanted to be called something better he should act different
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"