High-Risk Pregnancy

GD and glucose in urine question

This morning I went to the OB, I had just eaten, and she checked my urine and there was glucose in it. I test my urine in the morning for keytones & glucose, and I have never seen it come up before. She didn't say why she was concerned, just that she was, and I didn't press her (which I should have). 

Tonight I got a 110 for a meal that I usually get a 70-80, I'm a creature of habit, and eat the same things all the time. I checked my urine, and sure enough, there's glucose. 

Does anyone know if this is something to worry about? I am 38 weeks tomorrow, so I know the baby could come if necessary without a problem, but we are in the process of evacuating for the hurricane, and I could live without delivering right now.

Thanks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GD and glucose in urine question

• The higher your numbers, the more likely you are going to have glucose spill out into your urine. However 110 is a good number for after meals (according to my Endo). Glucose in your urine is another way for your body to get rid of the suger in your system. I think you need to ask your doctor if you should worry about it. I would be calling them today and asking them or whomever is on call.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i am type 1 and had glucose in my urine one day last week. I called to ask why. like you, my numbers were fine. The CDE told me not to worry as long as my finger stick and ketones were good.

I read about it and it seems like our kidneys have a different threshold for dumping glucose while pregnant. 

I second pp to call your endo or ob just to get some relief. 

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"