High-Risk Pregnancy

What was your experience with a cerclage?

Hello ladies!

I was just checking to see if you could share your experiences with a prophylactic cerclage (not a rescue one that was placed after issues started). I just had a Shirodkar cerlcage placed a few days ago. I'm feeling great and seem to be healing quickly, but am still taking it easy until I'm cleared by my MFM to resume normal activities and work. Due to my history, I will also be starting 17p injections weekly at 16 weeks to hopefully help keep my uterus quiet. 

I was just wondering if you ran into any issues along the way with having to get your cerclage replaced, preterm labor, etc. If so, what did your physician do about it? I'm just really anxious about things. I feel a little better knowing that the cerclage is there to help, but I'm still worried that things could go wrong.

Thanks in advance for any stories/info you share! 

Me: 25 DH: 27
TTC#1 since July 2009 PCOS, adenomyosis, RPL, IC
7/09-1/10 Multiple cycles of Clomid & Femara...didn't ovulate
2/10 Femara, Follistim, Repronex cancelled for "no response"...BFP three weeks later
4/26/10 Miscarriage #1 8w3d
6/10 Femara, Repronex, Ovidrel: BFP
7/26/10 Miscarriage #2 5w0d
8/10 Femara, Repronex, Ovidrel: BFP
1/7/11 Triplets lost to IC at 19w4d
3/11 Follistim and Ovidrel: BFN
4/11 Follistim and Ovidrel: BFP
5/24/11 Miscarriage #4 4w4d
5/11 Femara, Follistim, Ovidrel: BFP
The plan: Shirodkar cerclage placed at 13 weeks, start 17p injections at 16 weeks
BabyFruit Ticker
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: What was your experience with a cerclage?

• I have a McDonald stitch that was placed at 14 weeks and have been taking p17 since 16 weeks. Thus far I've had zero issues. I had my cervix checked every 2 weeks and it has stayed long and closed.
    Beautiful Miracle Baby lost at 21 weeks due to pre-term labor and incompetent cervix. FET#1 BFN, FET#2 BFP, early loss. FET#3 BFN. IVF#2 BFFN. FET #4 BFP after removing bilateral hydrosalpinx and 3 months of lupron depot. Sticky Bun is here!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"