Food Allergy

Were you induced? (CP)

[Poll]

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Allergic to soy, oat, egg, peanuts, and tree nuts
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Were you induced? (CP)

• SS - I was induced with my DDs that have celiac disease but not induced with my DD that has allergies. 
  • I was not induced with either kiddo.  J has confirmed allergies and we're suspecting that B has them as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I've never been in labor, induced or not. Both kids were taken at 35 weeks by emergency C-section.  Both have Celiac and multiple food intolerances (but so do I, so on this one I'm going with heredity vs. birth situation).
  • Very interesting!  I was induced with DD who has peanut and soy.  DS was not induced and no allergies. 
  • not induced with any of mine and 1 has allergies and 2 do not.

• I wasn't induced but I did have all three kids via scheduled c-sections (for various reasons).  Two have food allergies and one does not.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Sorry for the Dup.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Interesting. I was induced with G who is allergic to nuts, milk, and eggs and has eczema and asthma. Went into labor on my own with B who seems to be allergy free so far, but he's only 15 months. 
  • I had a c-section at 37 wks due to complications.
  • I was induced at 41 weeks, but DH and I also both have food/environmental allergies.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was induced with both kids.  DS has food, pet and environmental allergies and DD does not.  DH has pet and environmental allergies and I don't.  I definitely feel like it's hereditary in our situation.
    Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • lol, I didn't think about people having multiple kiddos :)

I do think in our situation its because of family history also. My DH has an aunt that has some severe allergies. I was just curious if there was a trend or not. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Allergic to soy, oat, egg, peanuts, and tree nuts
  • Sort of?  My water broke before real contractions started so I was given pitocin.  And yes, we have food issues.  They don't really run in the family, so that is interesting to me!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Interesting. 

I was induced and DD has peanut-tree nut allergies, as well as dog and cat allergies, asthma, and eczema.

Both my sisters went into labor on their own, neither of their children have any allergic conditions. Neither myself nor DH have any food allergies, and none of our immediate relatives do either. DH and I both had/have eczema, but no asthma. 

Hmm.

• I had an emergency c/s at 32 wks & we have lots of FA's. Did the chiro say what the possible connection would be. As an OB nurse I have to admit it gets a side eye from me, but I want to know where the connection would be.
  • Interesting! I was induced with my twins and both have/had food allergies.

Though my guys also were genetically predisposed; DH and I don't have a lot of issues ourselves but food and seasonal allergies and severe asthma run on both sides of the family and eczema on my side.

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Nope. scheduled c- section with twins. Only one has allergies. They are not identical tho.
  • c-section here due to diabetes.  So no induction

I heard that giving birth via c-section eliminates many germs which is why c=section babies are more likely to have FA (true or not -it's what i heard on one of the news from sanai)

• I was induced and DD has a peanut allergy. My brother was not induced and has peanut allergy. 2 of my friends were induced within the same week I was and neither kid has allergies.
  • imagemagdusia:

I heard that giving birth via c-section eliminates many germs which is why c=section babies are more likely to have FA (true or not -it's what i heard on one of the news from sanai)

That is one of the current hypotheses - you can google stuff like "c-section and allergies" for articles and studies.

What about induction would be responsible for the link to FA?

I'm kind of thinking the antibiotics administered for GBS and other reasons (possibly more common with inductions?) are troublesome. With abx and c-sections, babies are not exposed to the mother's vaginal flora. Their first interactions with microbes include a dose of hospital germs and after abx treatment apparently it takes breast milk a few days to recover its probiotic content. If formula is introduced that alters the newborns' gut flora in yet other ways. Being GBS+ in the first place might be a sign of a poor quality of gut flora in the mom to begin with. Lots of factors that add up...

• i was not induced and duncan has egg and peanut allergies.  my sil was induced with my niece and labored all day before having to have a section.  no allergies for her and she's 20 months old.

like previous poster said, i give this a side-eye as well.  in fact, in a lot of cases things that chiropractors say about pregnant women/babies get the side-eye from me. 

• DS1 was induced and then delivered by c-section. He has no allergies. DS2 was born by c-section without labor and has several allergies.
  • First two no inductions both have allergies  last one not sure yet.

I have allergies. 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemcarter127:
    As an OB nurse I have to admit it gets a side eye from me, but I want to know where the connection would be.

same here! seriously inductions are very common in some areas. I was barely induced (one dose of cytotec/misoprostol). my LO is MSPI  

• I'm also a SS.

Ava: (not induced) has food allergies.

Ella: (not induced) no allergies.

Drew: (Induced) had a milk protein allergy till 12 months.

{Ava 5.16.06} {Ella 12.29.07} {Drew 2.9.10}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"